Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2015, 12:15 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
In the photo on LensCoat's website of the 150-450mm cover you can see a rectangular cut-out to give access to the autofocus buttons.
Actually the autofocus buttons are covered, but I see clear plastic windows for the switches. Clear plastic windows will not allow for changing the setting of the switches, so that's a bit pointless (in my case esp the zoom lock button, which I found I use a lot). Not seeing the AF buttons (without a functioning camera they might not have realized these were buttons?) might not be a problem if one can push them by "squeezing" the cover?

Forum member GlassJunkie might be able to give feedback on whether the neoprene grips the zoom ring to move it.
I'll await his feedback before ordering, as well as ask for some feedback from lenscoat (seeing they respond to user requests so easily?). If this is what their product will look like, I might still order, but simply not install the section around the buttons part of the lens.

This number includes the HD DA 1.4x tele-converter, (...) If LensCoat is providing a supply, there must be demand for these products.
Nice indeed. Current demand, or perhaps just anticipating the arrival of the full frame?

Wim