Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2015, 01:46 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
Well what about Tamron, Sigma, and the rest?

Rokinon/Samyang would be interesting if they had autofocus, but are pretty much useless without it.

Charles.
Not for distant objects or landscapes with their UWA lenses. The DoF is almost infinite on those things. Their portrait lenses aren't made for action shots so you have plenty of time to focus.

06-16-2015, 11:44 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Any manual focus lens is useless to me. I cannot manually focus to save my life. I barely get by with the fisheye on the Q. Anything else is impossible, even with focus peaking.

On a film body, I have no trouble focusing that Samyang 85mm f/1.4. But My K-01, K-30, and K-x? Not a chance. If it's not autofocus, I'm not interested.

Charles.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
budget lenses, k-mount, lenses, pentax lens, slr lens