Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2015, 01:15 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Professional lenses? Please. Anyone looking for "professional" gear clearly is not a professional and won't be one just by buying the right lens.

This guy is a professional, and uses a beat-up, arguably semi-broken old kit lens: This Fashion Photographer Uses Only One Beat-Up Hand-Me-Down Lens
The pictures of this guy to me look quite often like a used scissors to make photomontage. This is clearly an artistic style he produce that one is going to like... or not. But for sure this is not linked to the lense.

06-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetrone325 Quote
Professional Lenses
"professional lens" - any lens that gives you the results you want.
If you don't know what you want in the first place "professional" is a meaningless vanity term most often used for advertising purposes.
06-23-2015, 03:49 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
"professional lens" - any lens that gives you the results you want.
If you don't know what you want in the first place "professional" is a meaningless vanity term most often used for advertising purposes.
I'd say there is no prefessional glass but some lenses designed with high IQ in mind... bu in the end the professional needs to stand behind the Camera&Lens combo and creates / captures the desired picture... high quality glass can help but is not the solution.
06-23-2015, 05:35 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We've sold a couple images made by an 10 MP Optio80 point and shoot, so I guess "unknown lens" which is what the exif calls it, is a professional lens. And by that definition every lens we own is a professional lens including my kit lenses.

Funny how people will pay good money for a 20x30 canvas taken with a kit lens. They don't seem to care whether it's a professional lens or not.

You'd think that would be the first question out of their mouths.. "Gee I really like this image, but was this taken with a professional lens?" In my experience, it's never happened. Sometimes they do ask what camera I'm shooting with. Since it's usually sitting on the table beside the cash, it's a quick one to answer.

07-01-2015, 02:42 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
We've sold a couple images made by an 10 MP Optio80 point and shoot, so I guess "unknown lens" which is what the exif calls it, is a professional lens. And by that definition every lens we own is a professional lens including my kit lenses.

Funny how people will pay good money for a 20x30 canvas taken with a kit lens. They don't seem to care whether it's a professional lens or not.

You'd think that would be the first question out of their mouths.. "Gee I really like this image, but was this taken with a professional lens?" In my experience, it's never happened. Sometimes they do ask what camera I'm shooting with. Since it's usually sitting on the table beside the cash, it's a quick one to answer.
And really, why should they care? They buy the end product, not a technical process !