Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2015, 04:19 AM   #31
Pentaxian

All lenses cover a wider image circle not for SR, but for vigneting and corner performance. So you may get more vigneting and more blured corners but a sharp image.

As for if it is that important, I didn't see anybody complaining of sigma/tamron APSC designed lenses in relation to SR. There more benefit to having SR and a sharp image with a bit more vigneting and bit weaker corner, than a ruined image.

07-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I doubt it will be an issue for true full frame lenses. The bigger issue will be lenses that are "borderline." That is, the lenses that are DA lenses, but that we think can cover or, almost cover a full frame circle stopped down a little. You may see some vignetting there.
07-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #33
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Wrong, the sensor in A7II compensate for 5-axis. When a OS lens is used the sensor turn of compensation for pitch and jaw, as these are handled by the lens.

---------- Post added 01-07-15 at 08:27 ----------

Yes, that is what happens when using much longer shutter speed than the SR can handle. In normal use the shutter speed will be much faster, and the sensor only moving When shutter is open.

Using 10x focal length will use 1/10 shutter speed.

This is why SR don't work well for LV or video. The SR system is not designed for being active more than a fraction of a second.
I realize I'm borderline necroing this thread, but there is one thing to keep in mind:
IBIS on pentax bodies stabilizes LV, and you can take a stabilized shot straight out of LV. So, unless the camera centers the sensor prior to each shot (which i think is unlikely for FF), you will see terrible vignetting with image circles not encompassing the full IBIS area whenever you take a picture using LV. So I think we can expect that lenses with image circles just barely encompassing FF will need to be shot in a certain crop mode on pentax FF.