Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2015, 05:10 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jamesk8752 Quote
Too bad; I would have loved to have owned such a unique lens. The perils of being a collector... ;<((
Well, Jim, I could feel (and enjoy) your excitement for a time here lately, but now "I feel your pain". However, I'll bet you're already "in the hunt" for the next "interesting" lens to find...

07-04-2015, 06:10 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
LOL! Yes, as an incurable collector I'll be back in the hunt. for sure...
07-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi. Sorry to revive this post. but I was curious to see a photo of the m37 -> PK adapter? I wonder also if there are holes for the key to remove the adapter and if you have problems With flare or stray light?

Thanks
Baard-E
PS: I was thinking to cement a m37 -> m42 adapter onto a m42 -> PK. Should be easy to fix.
07-28-2015, 01:49 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Hi. Sorry to revive this post. but I was curious to see a photo of the m37 -> PK adapter?
I wonder also if there are holes for the key to remove the adapter and if you have problems With flare or stray light?
PS: I was thinking to cement a m37 -> m42 adapter onto a m42 -> PK. Should be easy to fix.
Hi. I'm afraid I really can't help you much - my "Asahiflex collecting period" occurred quite a few years ago, and it has been "many moons" since I used (or owned) that adapter (such as in the photos above). So:

I don't remember the details on the adapter, such as if it had "holes for the key to remove the adapter", etc. However, I do not remember having any problem mounting it or dismounting it.

About all I can remember about its construction was that it was a genuine Pentax part, and (unlike the M42-K adapter) it had a thin flange that prevented it from quite reaching focus at infinity.

As for flare, I don't remember having any problems, but, to be honest, I used it more as a novelty, just for the sake of being able to try using my Asahiflex lenses on an LX, and I certainly didn't do a lot of rigorous testing. (I probably went through just one roll of film in the LX, dividing up the frames between the M37 lenses I had.)

I definitely did not notice any stray light -- I am quite sure that I would have remembered that if it had been a problem.

The only drawback I ever noticed with it was the lack of all-the-way-to-infinity focus, as I mentioned above,

As for combining the two adapters together by gluing them, I think that would be OK. In fact, if I had done that ("many moons ago"), I probably would have thought to have ground off the flange so as to then allow infinity focus.

Good luck with your experiments !!!

07-29-2015, 05:02 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote

Good luck with your experiments !!!
Thanks!

I do have the original M42->PK adapter, it does not interfer with focusing issues. The m37->m42 also sits flush inside the other adapter. The issue is that the assembley is so small that it doesn't cover the K-Mount making it possible for light to seep into the camera.

The enclosed photo (sorry for the bad mobile phone picture) shows the 100mm lens mounted on my K-3. See the large openings on the top left side of the lens.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
D5803  Photo 
07-30-2015, 05:46 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A blob of what we Aussies call blu-tack could be stuck over that hole and as easily removed. Unlike tape, it would also be easier to apply and reuse multiple times.