Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2015, 07:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax 35 macro hood wobble

Hi everyone,
Recently bought a new HD 35 macro lens. The lens hood has a pronounced wobble (side to side) - is this natural for a slide-out hood in a macro lens? I do not experience this with my 77 limited. Anyone else experience this?

07-01-2015, 08:27 AM   #2

Do you mean it wiggles around when you swing the camera? Or do you mean it can slide crooked if you're not careful?

I don't have a 77, but I've got an M200, an M135, and a DA 70, all with slide-out hoods. If I pull them straight, they're straight and they stay put. It's possible for them to get a bit crooked if you're not slightly careful. Perhaps they have a "nicer" mechanism in the 77?
07-01-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fredralphfred Quote
Do you mean it wiggles around when you swing the camera? Or do you mean it can slide crooked if you're not careful?

I don't have a 77, but I've got an M200, an M135, and a DA 70, all with slide-out hoods. If I pull them straight, they're straight and they stay put. It's possible for them to get a bit crooked if you're not slightly careful. Perhaps they have a "nicer" mechanism in the 77?
Thank you for your response. It doesn't wiggle when the camera moves. It stays straight when I pull out but moves around to a crooked position easily. I think the 77 mm may have a stiffer mechanism. Thank you again!