Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2006, 02:01 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
TC and A and M Lenses

Hey There

I am wondering what I will get if I connect my A lens to the Pentax AF 1.7TC? Wll I get full functionality like an AF lens? What about an M lens? Is there a TC that will AF and even provide auto Aperture while connected to an M lens?

I posted this on dpreview but it is so busy with the K10D that it went to the second page within 30 mins. I'm not complaining though, I love dpreview

cheers, Gordon
Perth, West Australia

09-30-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by flash1100 Quote
Hey There

I am wondering what I will get if I connect my A lens to the Pentax AF 1.7TC? Wll I get full functionality like an AF lens? What about an M lens? Is there a TC that will AF and even provide auto Aperture while connected to an M lens?

I posted this on dpreview but it is so busy with the K10D that it went to the second page within 30 mins. I'm not complaining though, I love dpreview

cheers, Gordon
Perth, West Australia
Yes, an A lens on the AF 1.7TC will work as an autofocus lens, with a focal length of 1.7 times the original. That is: Full autofocus, all exposure modes possible.

An M lens will become autoexposure and 1.7x focal length, but it's still an M lens, no autoaperture.