Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

100mm F4 Macro bellows lens

Can anybody tell me whether this lens has a manual or auto aperture. Will I have to stop it down on my auto bellows, or will the coupling operate the aperture like any normal lens?

02-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
macro bellows takumar

QuoteOriginally posted by keithlester Quote
Can anybody tell me whether this lens has a manual or auto aperture. Will I have to stop it down on my auto bellows, or will the coupling operate the aperture like any normal lens?
I have been trying to replace the macro bellows auto takumar which I loved as it had a cable double release to set the diaphragm as the shutter was triggerred

In acquiring one on Ebay I find it lacked the cable release feature and was merely a preset Bellows Takumar -essentially optically the same- mechanically NOT

be aware of that distinction and be sure you get what you want. I got mine for abou $100

yodar
02-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply
I'm not sure whether this is a preset or not. The price is good, £39 sterling, about $75, I think, but information is sparse. Before I buy it, I will enquire this from the seller.
02-07-2007, 01:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I had this lens for many yers, using it with the auto bellows A, but my camera was a Pentax Z1P, had no thread for the double mechanical release so I had to use it, anyway, in stop down.

So, I can't tell you if it has automatic diaphragm, but it is a very sharp lens, identical in rendition to the M or A 100mm macro f/4.

02-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Eurostar

Thanks for the vote of confidence in this lens. Info has been hard to find, but the current owner assures me it has an auto diaphragm, and I have now got some lovely Elicar auto-bellows, so I mean to go ahead and make the purchase.

I previously made the mistake of buying the modern DA 100mm autofocus macro lens, and although its a perfectly OK lens, I would have been better getting the old manual focus. I dont much like auto-focus, having never had it before. It don't seem to be able to focus as critically as I would by eye, so what's the benefit, besides speed in situations where speed is important. Not macro, or landscape work, which I prefer to do. Oh dear, I'm ranting. Must be old age.
02-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
LBA

LBA has taken over
I never got the K10D for xmas
But I will shortly have the lens
I went ahead and ordered
02-08-2007, 01:24 AM   #7
Veteran Member

There is an auction on e-bay for this lens, and it's clearly visible in the pictures that it has the simulator of aperture.

02-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
ebay link

I've got searches in on fleabay for this lens and I cant find it. You wanna send me the link. Would be cool to see what price it fetches.