Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2015, 04:42 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LensRentals: Variance Measurement for Wide Angle Lenses

The article warns against making generalizations on the data so far. But, take a look at the Rokinon lenses. They do seem to be very consistent. And you can get them in a K mount.

07-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
But, take a look at the Rokinon lenses. They do seem to be very consistent.
I may be reading the results wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but I think they ranked the Rokinon quite low with a consistency score of only 4 (borderline crapshoot). The best was the Zeiss 15/2.8 at 6.5 (considered good) with none scoring over 7 (excellent).

Their methodology puzzles me a little as does the data presentation, but hey I am not the one being paid to analyze this sort of thing.

Steve
07-19-2015, 12:32 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I may be reading the results wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but I think they ranked the Rokinon quite low with a consistency score of only 4 (borderline crapshoot). ......

Steve
Morning Steve - My error. I had worked on a past project where we were doing some indirect driving vision system and had a goodness scorning method where low was good for lens variation. I just interpreted the numbers with slowing down my reading.

07-19-2015, 11:54 AM   #4
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I may be reading the results wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but I think they ranked the Rokinon quite low with a consistency score of only 4 (borderline crapshoot).
here i thought that the o.p. was saying that the korean lenses were consistently bad which was exactly the experience that i had with four different copies of the 35/1.4 lens.