Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-20-2015, 06:09 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Has anyone ever changed the mount?

Since my K-30 is going to be out of commission for a month . I was looking at a my sony and wondered if I could change the mount on it so it only fits K-mount lenses. Has anyone else tried to go on this dangerous endeavor or am I just crazy? Still would be pretty cool though since I have like 3 K1000s sitting around.

07-20-2015, 06:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kmurphy220 Quote
Since my K-30 is going to be out of commission for a month . I was looking at a my sony and wondered if I could change the mount on it so it only fits K-mount lenses. Has anyone else tried to go on this dangerous endeavor or am I just crazy? Still would be pretty cool though since I have like 3 K1000s sitting around.
Changing the mount does not help.. the registered distances of the two are vastly different. The option as many have already done is to get an adapter for the Sony mount camera.
07-20-2015, 06:55 AM   #3

Original Poster
I have one I just hate it with a burning passion. All good though
07-20-2015, 10:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
If it's a Sony A mount camera (i.e. any of their true DSLRs), "vastly" means a mere 1mm difference, which you might be able to make up thorugh the removal of shims and shaving down the K mount. Of course expect 100% manual operation, since aperture actuation levers/electronic control rerouting, etc. is unlikely t be feasible.
@dcshooter, thanks for correcting me... for some reason, I was thinking of the Sony mirrorless camera. You are right, as it could be one of those A mount (Minolta?) camera.

Last edited by aleonx3; 07-20-2015 at 11:23 AM.
07-21-2015, 05:35 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
@dcshooter, thanks for correcting me... for some reason, I was thinking of the Sony mirrorless camera. You are right, as it could be one of those A mount (Minolta?) camera.
Its E-mount so I can't but you make a good point. An all manual Sony with proper image stabilization and k mount lenses would be insane. No adapters or anything. Could you imagine an A99 full frame with a pentax mount. God the Video capability would be insane. And The image quality. I may have to get an old a200 to test this theory.