Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #16
Pentaxian

The post asks if these lenses will be "good enough", but it would be helpful for the OP to explain in what ways the existing lenses aren't "good enough."

07-23-2015, 09:39 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 15 is a great little lens!
I've never spoke about it like this! but recently on reviewing my over 12K photos from last 2, 3 years I found that it is ahead of all my primes in producing photos for me.

So does the DFA100WR, I love that lens!

and these two are two superb lenses in Pentax mount! not just good!

The 55-300 is also a good lens, there are better options but those are heavier and pricier! so this is the best in consumer level.

No idea about the other lens.
07-24-2015, 01:25 AM   #18
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

go to

? Marktplaats - De plek om nieuwe en tweedehands spullen te kopen en verkopen

and look for Pentax lenses.

for exemple the m and fa lenses
07-24-2015, 03:05 AM   #19
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
The post asks if these lenses will be "good enough", but it would be helpful for the OP to explain in what ways the existing lenses aren't "good enough."

agreed - some evidence of the current lenses not being good enough would help... given the proper usage and support, the two kit lenses are not that bad...

07-24-2015, 06:46 AM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
I'd recommend looking through your catalog to see which focal lengths you use the most, and finding the best lenses for you at those focal lengths. Unless your goal is to start shooting entirely new material.
The focal lengths i use the most are: 18, 30, 35, 50, 55, 70 and 200.

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
18-55: Not AW/ WR, Not good enough at low focal lengths and i want more wide angle. Also the problem is i sale my own K-m and 18-55 and now i use my fathers kit, i want some lenses for myself and these must be better than the 'original' lenses.

50-200: The only problem with this lens is it is not a AW/WR lense and i need something more zoom....

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
The 15 is a great little lens!
I've never spoke about it like this! but recently on reviewing my over 12K photos from last 2, 3 years I found that it is ahead of all my primes in producing photos for me.

So does the DFA100WR, I love that lens!

and these two are two superb lenses in Pentax mount! not just good!

The 55-300 is also a good lens, there are better options but those are heavier and pricier! so this is the best in consumer level.

No idea about the other lens.
Yeah, there are better options than the 55-300, but i wil almost use the lower focal lengths....
07-24-2015, 08:04 AM   #21
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Have you considered the DA 16-85? It would cover everything that a 15 & 17-70 would, just half a stop slower at the long end. You can get a used DA* 16-50 for about the same price. The DA* is AW rather than WR, so even better for extreme weather.
This was my first thought, too. The only two options for wide angle and WR/AW, really.

The 55-300 is good for what it is. I can sometimes wish I had a 60-250 (or 150-450!) instead, but then I think of the added weight and size...

The DFA100 is a great macro and tele lens. Slow to focus, but very sharp, and compact for a 100mm macro. And WR. It is quite expensive, though. There are several non-WR alternatives for less money - without losing much (if any) image quality.