Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2015, 05:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

To Leitax or not

I have a Pentax K3 and a Tamron 90mm macro lens. I also have a Leica 100mm f 2.8 macro lens that I am undecided about converting to a Pentax mount. Would you do it or continue with the Tamron and it easy use on the K3? Would you purchase a Canon body which has a much easier adaptor for the Leica lens? I shot film for ever but since the K3 have not shot one roll of film and I think from time to time that I should also be using my Leica lens.

07-30-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
On one hand, it's reversible.
On the other hand, it's an exotic lens that shouldn't really be messed around with.
If it was a cheaper lens, I would go for it.

As it's a Leica, I would just leave the lens alone.
Get a fotodiox or similar adaptor for canon and a cheap canon body.
07-30-2015, 08:40 PM   #3
Forum Member

Sell the Leica, buy the Pentax 100 macro, use the extra money for a good bottle of scotch. 😀
07-30-2015, 08:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
As it is pretty easy to do it I would do without any hesitation. Even if you are not confident to do it you can send lens to Leitax guy and he will do it (50 Euro) + parts. Personally I think that Leica you have is great Macro APO lens and very sharp. I like Leica colors and micro contrast. I was stupid when I sold my Leica lens kit (all 3cam - 28, 50 and 80mm) but I converted them already for Nikon and buyer insisted on them, together with other manual Nikon Ais lenses...

I have Tamron 90mm (52BB) and it is excellent lens but I do not think that can get to Leica level in terms of micro contrast.

Just a hint try Mamiya 645 lenses and tell me what do you think about it (colors, contrast, etc.). You might get surprised. Personally I love the color rendering of those lenses.

---------- Post added 07-30-15 at 11:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Canuck_west Quote
Sell the Leica, buy the Pentax 100 macro, use the extra money for a good bottle of scotch. 😀
I will give him that right away for that lens...

08-01-2015, 04:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for you comments. Since I have more than one Leica lens I will probably try the Canon body and see if the results are worth the trouble.