Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Newspaper test with 12 -24 da

I keep finding that the lower right side of the newspaper at f4.0 12mm is not as clear as the left side.The right side is less clear but barely readable where the left side is readable. I did a selection test on something on the far right and still the focus is not as good as the one on the far left focus selection point.
Is this decentering?

I tried the debug firmware at setting 1 with -10 to -30ooms. Still one side is more clear than the other.
Is this normal or should I exchange the lens?

06-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Try an actual real life scene because unless you are DEAD square the newspaper test will be misleading IMHO.
06-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I did a couple shots in a library with a movie equipment set up at my flickr acount.

Flickr: Pentaxtic's Photostream

Please check it out. I feel the "Cinema Studios" and the chinese characters in white with red outline has sharpness but out of focus on the right side of the pictures. Does that make sense?