Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Manual Lenses Made Me Do It.

For 31 years I have been able to avoid contact with sports.

But manual lenses finally got me. I went to shoot some baseball to train manual focusing skills :/.

PS. It was boring. I don't understand how anyone can appreciate a sport that can be played for 40 minutes without a single goal.

PS2. S-M-C Takumar 300mm f/4

06-18-2008, 03:01 AM   #2
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots, the top one seems a bit soft to my eyes, but the second one is good. And I like the BW conversions.
As for your PS - I really do understand it. I like football better than baseball, but I think Ice Hockey must be it...
06-18-2008, 03:46 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with axl. The second is well done and a perfect moment captured. Very good conversions. I think the focus is on the right spot but maybe the shutter speed was a little too slow in the first shot?

I'm surprised axl that you'd like hockey. I thought everyone in England and Europe loved football (or as we call it - soccer). Hockey is an incredible game. Baseball in many ways is the 'perfect' game. But that has to do more with all the measurements of the field and the balance of the play. Football is growing in North America but it's not the big sport it is elsewhere. Just not enough scoring even though the skill level is equal or greater than many other upper level sports. As a Canuck, we're born with skates on.
06-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #4
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I....
I'm surprised axl that you'd like hockey. I thought everyone in England and Europe loved football (or as we call it - soccer).....
I come from Slovak Republic, though last 4 years I've been living in London. Well, with my country's population smaller then London's on it's own, our football team is nothing to brag about. But go and check who won Ice Hockey world championship in 2003
I know there wasn't any major achievement since (If we don't count 3rd place 2 years later), but it'll come...
And if you still ain't sure where my affaction is coming from, check NHL stats. One name to say it all Peter Stastny....