Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jkomp316 Quote
I do this to ALL of my K and M lenses...Its all about catching the shot.
Well, by removing that lever, you hobbled your ability to do so in a timely manner. You also screwed your heirs out of getting full value from your estate.

Steve

08-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote
It's a lens, not a sacred covenant. If I can modify it without hurting it, I'll do so without losing any sleep over it. YMMV
Do not speak of destroying a Titan. Typhon has been unleashed.
08-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Well, by removing that lever, you hobbled your ability to do so in a timely manner. You also screwed your heirs out of getting full value from your estate.

Steve
The American healthcare system screw heirs out of the value of their estates... Constantly spamming the green button was a distracting waste of time. I chase our kids around with my manual lenses. My personal results have improved using above method.
08-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Constantly spamming the green button was a distracting waste of time. I chase our kids around with my manual lenses.
Hit the green button once and be done with it. There is no need to constantly re-meter. Trust me, I shot for over a decade with no exposure automation whatsoever.

Steve

08-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lavascript Quote
Maybe it's due to the fact that I never really owned a film camera, but if I was having to deal with changing light or subject, I probably wouldn't pick a manual lens. Also, I'm a back-button-AF'er, so I'm used to being required to hit a button before releasing the shutter. I would just hit a different button.

I feel like I'm coming off condescending, and I'm really not intending to.
I'm much like you in this sense.....being a back button AF user makes green button usage pretty intuitive (along with the latitude of shooting raw).....love my K's!..... Prefocusing for action works well to.
08-14-2015, 04:33 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Whether you approve of removing the aperture lever this way or not, I must say I'm appalled at the level of your dremeling skills.
Looks more like metal shears...
08-14-2015, 04:40 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Ah what a fun thread.

I confess I snapped of a meter arm fro ma M 35mm f2.8 because the blades were not returning quickly. Is there a special place in pentax hell for me too? :P

08-14-2015, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #38
Veteran Member

Whether you approve of removing the aperture lever this way or not, I must say I'm appalled at the level of your dremeling skills.
Maintain your hi level of workmanship skills....I'm relying on it!
08-15-2015, 06:36 AM   #39

Over on the other forum, Ron Brandon has suggested a number of ways this can be achieved without removing the lever. Thread title is "Pentax K / KM lenses, a reminder."
08-15-2015, 07:58 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, not mounting all the way has already been discussed. I'm not familiar with the aluminum foil method.
08-15-2015, 09:47 AM   #41

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Hit the green button once and be done with it. There is no need to constantly re-meter. Trust me, I shot for over a decade with no exposure automation whatsoever.

Steve
Chasing a subject around sun and shade requires constant metering. Difference of perspective I guess. Do you see your automobile as a tool or an extension of your wardrobe?
08-15-2015, 10:08 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If Ricoh de-crippled the K mount, this would all be a moot point!
08-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #43

QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote
If Ricoh de-crippled the K mount, this would all be a moot point!
I'm hoping that by destructively modifying all of my lenses they finally will. Because that's how the universe works.
08-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm hoping that by destructively modifying all of my lenses they finally will. Because that's how the universe works.
We all thank you for your sacrifice.
08-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Most entertaining thread in months.
Could you use your Galactic-level Skilz to solder / braise a replacement 'bit' on the end of a hacked aperture lever?