Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Focus adjustment required for a 16-45mm

Hi there,

Earlier this year I managed to drop my DS with my nice new 16-45mm with a "Protective" UV filter a short distance onto the floor.

As the name on the filter was "Sigma" and therefore has the durability of a politician's promise, it proceeded to smash, and lightly scratched the lens in one place. Again, I swear I will never have another lens or optical part with that name on it. You can all bear witness!!

While I was annoyed, I was able to carefully remove the filter pieces and gently blew the lens free of glass particles. Some fine dust did go under the front element, but the zoom has remained smooth and AF positive. Apart from the one scratch, the coating also looks good.

I've noticed since that the sharpness is off on the lens. So,questions for the Canadians here - being based in Mississauga, and having bought the lens in Barrie (Henry's) where would you recommend to go to for cleaning and realignment?

And has anybody got an idea of cost (since the warranty explicitly states that impact damage is not covered).

Thanks for any assistance

Last edited by Clarkey; 08-30-2010 at 07:06 PM.