Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
Forum Member

Lens cap for DA 35mm/2.8 macro

Love almost everything about the 35mm macro limited except the lens cap. It's a nice metal and felt cap but it likes to fall off a bit to easy. I'm looking for a standard clip on plastic lens cap. The problem is that the standard 49mm cap doesn't work unless there's a filter on the lens. Does a 52mm cap work?

Alan

06-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
Inactive Account

49mm cap worksish

I have the opposite problem; I like the felt lined lens cap but I went and left it in the middle of a rainforest doing fieldwork...doh!

I'm currently using a 49mm cheap jessops clip on cap. It works but is a little bit awkward. It actually stays on better than with my 50mm where it had the tendancy to pop off. I don't use filters on either of these lenses.

I've got to get round to getting one of the old asahi metal push on caps which are apparantly good.
06-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxkat Quote
I have the opposite problem; I like the felt lined lens cap but I went and left it in the middle of a rainforest doing fieldwork...doh!

I'm currently using a 49mm cheap jessops clip on cap. It works but is a little bit awkward. It actually stays on better than with my 50mm where it had the tendancy to pop off. I don't use filters on either of these lenses.

I've got to get round to getting one of the old asahi metal push on caps which are apparantly good.
My standard pentax 49mm cap doesn't work. Not even close. Perhaps there's different designs out there but I haven't had any luck with mine.

Alan
06-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

if the cap is like that on my FA77, i bought a cheap filter, remove the glass, screw on the filter ring, then use a clip on cap. that doesn't work for the DA21 though...

06-18-2008, 11:12 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
if the cap is like that on my FA77, i bought a cheap filter, remove the glass, screw on the filter ring, then use a clip on cap. that doesn't work for the DA21 though...
That's a very good idea. It should work fine as the 49mm cap works on the 35mm macro with a filter. I have a few cheap ones around.

Thanks
Alan