Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #16
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=libbe;272973]Here is a link to the Pentax lens review database on this forum, Pentax Lens Review Database - 85mm F1.4 [IF]

Here is a quote from the database

The 77mm is also EXTREMELY good, even if it is about 1000USD. I took the freedom to post a link to Roentarre's photogallery. James Wei :: Photography

Here is a link to a test Roentarre made of the 77 limited,
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/1962-review-sm...8-limited.html
And here is a link to the Pentax lens review database on the 77,
Pentax Lens Review Database - 77mm F1.8 Limited

What I find interesting is that this article is from 2002, which makes me think "yea, but there have been great strides in technology in the past 6 years, so maybe things have changed". Then I read another current thread looking for feedback on sharp primes and lo and behold the 31ltd is in the lead. (Perhaps "optic" technology has not advanced as quickly?)
Wow...legendary...

06-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beaumont Quote
What I find interesting is that this article is from 2002, which makes me think "yea, but there have been great strides in technology in the past 6 years, so maybe things have changed". Then I read another current thread looking for feedback on sharp primes and lo and behold the 31ltd is in the lead. (Perhaps "optic" technology has not advanced as quickly?)
Wow...legendary...
Look at the imaging quality of some of the older Pentax prime lenses from 30-40 years ago and tell me what has changed.....
06-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dirt cheap and great lens is the Super Takumar 55 f/1.8. You can get it at ebay for 15$ on a good day, 30$ on a bad.

Super Takumar 55mm f1.8

Thats some testpictures I took for mflenses. They are all unedited, shot in RAW wideopen. Just resized and converted to JPEG, no other post process.

EDIT: Yes, I said WIDE OPEN.