Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2015, 08:33 AM   #1
Forum Member

Zykkor lens help

Hi Guys,

I have just bought this lens on ebay and I'm trying to find out if anyone else has one and if so what was their experience of it. I am lacking a 135mm in my lens "collection" but didn't want to fork out much to acquire such a lens as I could make do with the 100mm wr. However it had a K fit and was dirt cheap, (£16.99. = $26.00) good condition, so I took a chance.
I seem to recall an article where someone on here took one apart to clean it up and found it had only 3 lenses in it's construction.

Here it is.

Last edited by bertie; 09-05-2015 at 02:16 PM.
09-05-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like an interesting lens. At that price, you can't really go wrong, unless you drop it on your foot.
So what is the problem? Do you think you will need to take it apart?
09-05-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
No, I was wondering what type of results I should expect, if someone already has one on the Forum they might be able to let me have their thoughts as I won't get the lens for almost 2 weeks (the guy must be sending it via a one winged carrier pigeon )
09-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #4
UMC

Photos: Gallery
I guess most likely nobody can tell you his experience with this lens as this is a very rare variant. I know of 3 other Zykkor 135/2.8, but this one is completely new to me (occasionally I saw the auction on ebay yesterday).

My 5 cents in this matter:
  • On the one hand it is "hard" to get a bad 135mm lens, as this is a focal length which almost any manufacturer mastered well
  • On the other hand Zykkor is a classic 2nd tier trading brand that had their lenses built by different OEMs.
As always with such brands, it is kind of a lottery whether you´ll get a keeper or crap.

09-06-2015, 02:35 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
I think you're right UMC, I will just have to wait and see what's in the "lucky bag" For another £10.00 I could have got a more popular brand but I sometimes like to just leave something to chance, providing the price is not prohibitive.

Anyway thanks for your input.