Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #1

Flt lenses

Hello Pentax world . Briefly, I have owned a Pentax camera since 1963. Purchased the S1 in Seoul , Korea . Still is my favorite Pentax . Never been repaired . Can you say that about the modern ones?
Question : will my many lenses for the screw in an bayonet work with a K-S2 or 3 DSLR,s that I'm thinking of purchasing . Thanking in advance

09-07-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes. You need an adapter, the Pentax one is recommended. Metering has to be done via stop down metering, typically in Av mode.
09-07-2015, 06:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bill3743 Quote
Hello Pentax world . Briefly, I have owned a Pentax camera since 1963. Purchased the S1 in Seoul , Korea . Still is my favorite Pentax . Never been repaired . Can you say that about the modern ones?
Question : will my many lenses for the screw in an bayonet work with a K-S2 or 3 DSLR,s that I'm thinking of purchasing . Thanking in advance
I don't think you could say that any camera is going to be free of repairs, you were pretty lucky but I'll bet you kept great care of your camera which really helps. The DSLRs probably do have more of a risk of things "breaking" because they have all of the electronics now in addition to the mechanical parts.

Your lenses should work on any Pentax DSLR, you'll need an adapter for the M42 lenses, they will be totally manual.
09-07-2015, 06:59 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How to use/meter Manual & M42 Lenses on all Pentax DSLRs (K-5, K-r, K-x, K-7...)

09-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello Bill and welcome to the Forums. As you can see there are a lot of helpful folks here