Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Some DA* Lens Discontinued?

Maybe I'm missing something but I didn't think the DA*55, DA*50-135 and DA*200mm have been discontinued, or were they? I just browsed around Pentax/Ricoh website and these three are not listed. The only DA* in there are the 16-50, 60-250 and 300mm. What did I miss?

09-09-2015, 11:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which website? The webstore or the actual Ricoh/Pentax site? They are all still on the webstore.
The official website seems to be undergoing a lot of revision the last while so maybe they are in the process of updating things.
09-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Which website? The webstore or the actual Ricoh/Pentax site? They are all still on the webstore.
The official website seems to be undergoing a lot of revision the last while so maybe they are in the process of updating things.
Not webstore, the official Ricoh imaging site: Products | Ricoh Imaging
09-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The 43 Limited is missing too....

09-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They are all on the Ricoh-Imaging Japan English site - I would trust that more than the Ricoh Imaging Americas site (which is what http://ricohimaging.com/ is).

Telephoto Lenses / K-mount Lenses / Lenses / Products | RICOH IMAGING

Last edited by THoog; 09-09-2015 at 12:01 PM.
09-09-2015, 11:56 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
Maybe I'm missing something but I didn't think the DA*55, DA*50-135 and DA*200mm have been discontinued, or were they? I just browsed around Pentax/Ricoh website and these three are not listed. The only DA* in there are the 16-50, 60-250 and 300mm. What did I miss?
None of those lenses have been discontinued at this time.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-09-2015, 11:57 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
...and the three DA Limited primes are missing. Must be an error...
09-09-2015, 11:57 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not webstore, the official Ricoh imaging site: Products | Ricoh Imaging
The Ricoh Imaging site seems to be in the process of being turned into a web store, much like Apple.com. Whoever Ricoh Imaging contracted to do it doesn't seem to have added all the products yet...

09-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The Ricoh Imaging site seems to be in the process of being turned into a web store, much like Apple.com. Whoever Ricoh Imaging contracted to do it doesn't seem to have added all the products yet...
Considering on what's "missing", I think you're right.
09-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
None of those lenses have been discontinued at this time.
My sources - not super inside but still useful - agree with Adam. Also if you poke around that site huge swaths of it are still in development. I would personally not have had that site out and available for people to poke at yet. It is far from ready.

I also note that many of the lenses shown (not all) on the site are also currently "Out of stock" on the pentaxwebstore.com site. I think that's interesting as well. Things like the FA 31 Limited for example. I wonder if they are paring down their stock in anticipation of the new pentax site being brought online.
09-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Seriously, is anyone here going to trust a site that has on the front page "ADVANCED DSLR" and a picture of a K-S1?

(Said a guy who really enjoys his K-S1, BTW.)
09-09-2015, 05:40 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I figured this was going to be another person panicking because some third party seller on Amazon listed an item as discontinued. Guess I was wrong.
09-09-2015, 08:41 PM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is a very interesting 'wait and see' moment. Should Ricoh Americas bring their direct sales inventory back in-house that would be a very big step toward restoring the operations that were outsourced under the Hoya business model.

Shoot, just having a 2015-level website is a big step.
09-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Should Ricoh Americas bring their direct sales inventory back in-house that would be a very big step toward restoring the operations that were outsourced under the Hoya business model. Shoot, just having a 2015-level website is a big step.
+ a whole bunch. I hate to jump to conclusions but getting control of their internet presence would be a good start. The current webstore is well, less than optimal, and losing the domain name for the Pentax Gallery was embarrassing. Without cameras in brick & mortar stores having a top notch web presence would seem to be business critical. And thus far they have not had that. Looks like a work in progress but that is a big step forward.
09-09-2015, 09:17 PM   #15
Pentaxian

In Australia, those DA* lenses still seem available for sale:
https://www.pentax.com.au/shop/lenses

Probably if you looked at each Pentax web store in each country around the world you would get a slightly different result.