Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Who knows about Mitakon lenses ?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I found a "good-looking-manual-zoom-for-the-price" on e-bay : MC Mitakon Zoom Objektiv 35 70mm 1 3 5 4 5 Pentax PK | eBay

I've been digging the web and found that it looked exactly the same as the Yashica MC Zoom 35-70mm which seems a valuable lens according to some reviews like this one : http://www.retrocamera.net/review-of-yashica-mc-zoom-35-70mm3-5-4-5.html

It's exactly the focal range I'm currently missing (only my 50mm prime is in the range).

Any one knows this brand and where could this lens come from ?

Thanks for any infos, I'm generally confident with german pro or not pro e-bayers, never had bad surprises with them, so...

09-14-2015, 11:07 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For this focal range i doubt that there is anything better (and certainly not better value) than the fast adaptall SP 01A 35-80mm, and the 01A derived 35-70mm adaptalls are almost as good. By coincidence I have just posted a few pics in the adaptall club thread
09-14-2015, 11:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
For this focal range i doubt that there is anything better (and certainly not better value) than the fast adaptall SP 01A 35-80mm, and the 01A derived 35-70mm adaptalls are almost as good. By coincidence I have just posted a few pics in the adaptall club thread
When I search for the lens you mention, I mainly find Tamron SP 35-80 lenses adaptall but did not find exactly what you describe. Do you have any link ?

The Mitakon I'm talking about is sold 24 euro with low shipping fees, it's hard to find cheaper except for parts, like my Cosina 24mm I got for 10 euro in town and had only an aperture mechanism part that went out of its normal position, not too hard to fix

I'm a low budget hobbyist and quite handy enough to fix old lenses (I would not risk that with modern design), so value for me is under 50 euro (~65$) and I got my Vivitar series 1 70-210 1:3.5 for 50 euro.
09-14-2015, 12:28 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bygp Quote
I've been digging the web and found that it looked exactly the same as the Yashica MC Zoom 35-70mm
Mitakon* was an off-brand label for generic consumer-grade lenses. The lens in the listing would have been sold as a discount kit lens option by buyers of consumer-level cameras. Yashica lenses of that vintage (early 1980s) were made by their subsidiary Tomioka. It is possible that Tomioka sold a line of generic lenses similar to the Yashica you linked to, though it would be hard to tell. If I ran across that Mitakon lens in a shop here in the U.S. in that condition, I would pay no more than $15 USD.

Steve

* Not related to the Chinese Mitakon Zhongyi brand of lenses.
09-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

When I search for the lens you mention, I mainly find Tamron SP 35-80 lenses adaptall but did not find exactly what you describe. Do you have any link ?
Tamron SP Adaptall-2 35-80mm F/2.8-3.8 Model 01A

Tamron Adaptall-2 35-70mm F/3.5-4.5 Model 09A

Tamron Adaptall-2 35-70mm F/3.5 Model 17A

Steve
09-14-2015, 12:54 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks to both for links and advises, need to see closer what is exactly the adaptall mount and how costs the K adapter, I guess it only works in K mode ?
Well this is the risk on e-bay, even deals that look good can be a waste of money because you cannot test the lens.
I have a shop not far from home where they have a bunch of vintage cameras and lens but few k-mounts and btw I find their prices generally not friendly at all, they would buy set of nice used lenses for very low prices and resell them with almost 200% benefits... you certainly have much better deals in the U.S.

---------- Post added 09-14-15 at 12:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
* Not related to the Chinese Mitakon Zhongyi brand of lenses.
Ok thank you, so it is probably not made in China...

09-14-2015, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you want the best bang for the buck, hunt down a Pentax F 35-70mm macro. You can snag them for dirt cheap, especially if you hunt down an SF10 or SF1 since they seem to be treated a camera caps for people selling the things.

Small (as in, tiny - its about the size of a 50 prime), has autofocus, is sharp pretty much throughout, its cheap, its light, and its a Pentax so it'll 'talk' to your camera.

They seem to be creeing up in price of late, but you can probably get one for under $40 or even $30.
09-14-2015, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what is exactly the adaptall mount
Information page on Tamron adaptall, adaptall-2 system and lenses
09-15-2015, 02:34 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
If you want the best bang for the buck, hunt down a Pentax F 35-70mm macro. You can snag them for dirt cheap, especially if you hunt down an SF10 or SF1 since they seem to be treated a camera caps for people selling the things.

Small (as in, tiny - its about the size of a 50 prime), has autofocus, is sharp pretty much throughout, its cheap, its light, and its a Pentax so it'll 'talk' to your camera.

They seem to be creeing up in price of late, but you can probably get one for under $40 or even $30.
Are you talking about this one ? : Pentax SMC F 35 70mm 3 5 4 5 FÜR Pentax K 15716 | eBay

If yes, it's sold for about 150$, and it's the only I found on e-bay europe (won't buy from U.S. because of high shipping fees).

Even SMC-A are close to 120$, only non-Pentax or Pentax M older zooms are cheaper, but nothing under 50$. :/
09-15-2015, 03:48 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Finally found several of them at nice prices, but it's a bit tricky as I see them only if I search on UK E-Bay, my main french E-Bay page won't show them. Once logged in the UK page with same account, all is fine, thanks to you I can now see where better bargains are