Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2015, 05:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

oil or grease on IRIS ON VIVITAR ZOOM

My Vivitar 75-205 zoom lens operating on a Pentax ME has a slow responding iris/aperture

09-28-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I had a 75-205 that was a freak, it out performed the Series One lenses of the times. Used to blow camera shop owners minds. I loved that lens. I developed the same problem the aperture would stick open and not close down at all. Had it cleaned several times but the problem kept coming back it needed a new seal which would have required me sending it in. I finally gave up on it. I am pretty sure I blew the seal shooting in cold weather. you can get a good Series One for $100-$175 I'd go that way assuming you can't afford something more modern like the 70-200 Sigma or Tamron f2.8s. I now use a DA*60-250 simply a stunning lens if it's in your budget
09-29-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Sorry, I actually never meant to post this query as I found the answer via this great forum. I am new to the forum. I got out my Pentax ME and ESII to photo the harvest moon but to no avail. The ME is stuck. It has been a lousy camera. The ESII has been bullet proof. I see I cannot adapt the Vivitar K mount to the M42 ESII screw mount. I will just look for another lens or camera to put the Vivitar on. Thks for your replies. Great site.
09-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aceaceca Quote
Sorry, I actually never meant to post this query as I found the answer via this great forum. I am new to the forum. I got out my Pentax ME and ESII to photo the harvest moon but to no avail. The ME is stuck. It has been a lousy camera. The ESII has been bullet proof. I see I cannot adapt the Vivitar K mount to the M42 ESII screw mount. I will just look for another lens or camera to put the Vivitar on. Thks for your replies. Great site.
Glad to see you got an answer. If you want a great film body that is bullet proof like your ESII get a KX or MX. If you want more automation get a PZ-1/PZ-1p.

09-29-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is your ME really stuck? The auto-exposure can hold the shutter open for a loooooong time...