Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Nikon Nikkor S Auto 50mm f1.4

Am I able to force fit this Nikon lens onto my Pentax K-5 or is it too new for that. I know pre AI-S lenses fit. But I wanted to make sure, a guy was selling one in my area and it seemed like a nifty lens.

10-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #2
JJM

If you can fit an NIKKOR on the Pentax, I would sure like to know. I am using a Pentax DSLR, but am about to purchase a older Canon DSLR to use my Nikkors via an adapter with a metering DSLR.

I am not aware of any adapters of Nikkors to a K mount that will provide infinity focus without adding some optic.
10-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
JJM

THX, dcshotter. Interesting.
10-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
DC will that one work. I don't really need the 50mm but it seems neat for what it is. Plus it comes in a bundle with a helios 58mm

10-01-2015, 06:31 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a couple of Ai lenses they mount almost upside down. I ended up just getting an older Nikon body for them.
10-02-2015, 12:50 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
have a look on the Multimount Adaptist - Home
* Information on mounting AI/AIs lenses.* (updated on 1st May 2014)
It is noted that some Nikon AI/AIS mount lenses cannot be mounted on the PK+MM. It is due to the protruding tab on the lens aperture ring that is preventing the mounting.

To overcome this, the only solution is to file or sand down the inner side of the smaller tab by 1mm to allow mounting. This does not affect the use of this lens on its original mount.

Last edited by max_pyne; 10-02-2015 at 12:56 AM.