Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2015, 04:43 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The peace comes from within.... via your internal lens.

10-13-2015, 05:46 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can pretend to be a doctor.

Ahem! (Taking lower voice, with high status Of high education level)...Depends on what kind of lenses one posesses and if that one has an urge to buy too many lenses, it is a LBA. It has to be cured so that most of those lenses will be taken away from ones sight. And that will lower symptons, and a need to buy new ones. You will appriciate your lenses more after suden loss and be happy to get them back, that is if you seem to be cured.

As a doctor I will be propably the best Person to take care of those lenses untill patiense has been completelly recovered from LBA symptons.

Do I have to mention that my fees are quite low.

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
Any doctor in the house?

How many lenses does one have to own show signs of LBA?

How many lenses to be diagnosed as having LBA?
10-13-2015, 06:21 AM - 2 Likes   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
Any doctor in the house?

How many lenses does one have to own show signs of LBA?

How many lenses to be diagnosed as having LBA?
No, no, no - it's not how many lenses you have that determines LBA, any more than owning X bottles of wine makes you an alcoholic. It's how it affects your life - if you miss work because you stayed up all night reading lens reviews, if your relationships suffer because you spend all your time shooting pictures of brick walls, if you calculate prices of everyday things in terms of how many copies of the Sigma 18-35 that would get you because one-of-them-might-not-have-the-focusing-issue-I-just-know-it, if you can't carry on a conversation in public without using the words "corner softness", if you complain to your optometrist that your glasses don't have "good bokeh", if you feel anxiety on Saturdays when B&H and Adorama aren't taking orders - you've got LBA.
10-13-2015, 06:30 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
No, no, no - it's not how many lenses you have that determines LBA, any more than owning X bottles of wine makes you an alcoholic. It's how it affects your life - if you miss work because you stayed up all night reading lens reviews, if your relationships suffer because you spend all your time shooting pictures of brick walls, if you calculate prices of everyday things in terms of how many copies of the Sigma 18-35 that would get you because one-of-them-might-not-have-the-focusing-issue-I-just-know-it, if you can't carry on a conversation in public without using the words "corner softness", if you complain to your optometrist that your glasses don't have "good bokeh", if you feel anxiety on Saturdays when B&H and Adorama aren't taking orders - you've got LBA.
to the top !!!

10-13-2015, 06:50 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I need something to occupy my brain...

For the last 3 days all I've been able to think about is getting a lens wider than the 18-55. I could trade my FA 50/1.7 and 2 A 50/1.7s to KEH and get a 16-45. I could sell them here or on eBay with a few other lenses and get a new DA 16-85 or used DA* 16-50. Over and over and over in my head...
10-13-2015, 06:51 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MattyH Quote
a 50mm and 28mm and that's all I ever needed and wanted for nothing more
You can't say that around here, just 2 lenses that would send me to the lunatic asylum. You can never have enough.
Glenn
10-13-2015, 07:04 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
if your relationships suffer because you spend all your time shooting pictures of brick walls
The end comes when you stare lovingly at the 100% corner crop of the brick texture and whisper "God, that's hot..." and your supermodel girlfriend brains you with the D-FA 150-450.

10-13-2015, 07:11 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You can "Shoot with what you have, not with what you dream about." You can refuse to act on the impulse to buy more lenses - just because you have this feeling, that doesn't mean you have to buy a lens. You can, over time, acquire a degree of serenity by accepting the contents one's bag, one day at a time. But - face it. You will never be rid of the addiction. It is there. It is real. It is part of you, sinister, seductive, beguiling.

As an American writer must make his peace with Whitman, so must you make peace with lenses. You'll never have them all. Never.
And that is alright.

10-13-2015, 07:24 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
The end comes when you stare lovingly at the 100% corner crop of the brick texture and whisper "God, that's hot..." and your supermodel girlfriend brains you with the D-FA 150-450.
LBA is easy to explain to a supermodel girlfriend, the new lenses are to make her look even hotter. I'm sure she'll then let you have as many as you desire.
Glenn
10-13-2015, 07:27 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
All this since March???
You are sick.
(proudly joins the club), how about cameras in addition? For a bit more than year I ended up with 3 cameras and truly can't say how many lenses. Not counting a few film cameras which came with lenses.

Fortunately, or not, after having the first DAltd lens, my LBA became spoiled and selective. It will cost... oh... it will.
10-13-2015, 07:34 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
LBA is easy to explain to a supermodel girlfriend, the new lenses are to make her look even hotter.
Not so good when you call something other than her hot, though... {Note: I do not have, and never have had, a supermodel girlfriend. However my wife WILL almost certainly brain me with my best and heaviest lens if she ever finds me declaring a brick wall more attractive than she is, and I will have thoroughly earned it.}

---------- Post added 13-10-15 at 12:04 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
how about cameras in addition?
Don't get me started...

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Not counting a few film cameras which came with lenses
Yes, that too. Including a Ricoh, of all things.
10-13-2015, 08:33 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Yep, if you have a supermodel girlfriend AND a D-FA 150-450 AND you are looking at brix pix instead of having fun with one or the other of them, then it's a terminal case, and probably for the best. I'm a little concerned about damage to the lens, tho'.
10-13-2015, 08:36 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm a little concerned about damage to the lens, tho'.
It's AW. A little blood won't hurt it.
10-13-2015, 08:39 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just remember you are sitting on a ton of cash(if you purchased the right lenses)...
10-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #30

I need to buy a new camera bag. One to use and one to store lenses in. I guess that is a sign....