Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
10-13-2015, 11:07 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
You can "Shoot with what you have, not with what you dream about." You can refuse to act on the impulse to buy more lenses - just because you have this feeling, that doesn't mean you have to buy a lens.
One great thing about the Single In challenge is that you use that lens for a month, and learn how to use it to best advantage.

QuoteQuote:
For the last 3 days all I've been able to think about is getting a lens wider than the 18-55.and get a 16-45
I wouldn't bother getting 2 mm more width, get a 10-17mm I rented one last month and it is fantastic.

For that matter, renting lenses is a great idea, try before you buy. I am doing that right now with a 21mm and I'm convinced it's on my short list to buy

10-13-2015, 11:16 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I'm a little concerned about damage to the lens, tho'.
If you're the one who's getting it wrapped around your head, whether there's damage to the lens will be the least of your problems.

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
It's AW. A little blood won't hurt it.
LOLOL
10-13-2015, 11:55 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
If you're the one who's getting it wrapped around your head, whether there's damage to the lens will be the least of your problems.
At this point in life, the chances of having a supermodel girlfriend and a D-FA 150-450 are so remote that it's not a scenario I need to worry about. However, as a casual observer / LBA sufferer enthusiast, there are other lens options that are better spec'ed / priced for use as a bludgeon.
10-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
However, as a casual observer / LBA sufferer enthusiast, there are other lens options that are better spec'ed / priced for use as a bludgeon.
Opteka 500mm Preset Telephoto Lens for Pentax 645D K3 K500 K50 K5 K50 K30 | eBay

10-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #35
Pentaxian

I've just counted 58 lenses around me. Is this LBA? Or not? Not sure...
10-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
I've just counted 58 lenses around me. Is this LBA? Or not? Not sure...
Depends if you are currently stood in a camera store

---------- Post added 10-13-15 at 08:25 PM ----------

In the last few weeks I've bought 4 F series and 1 FA series lenses in preparation for FF.
Last Friday I bought the Sigma AF 24mm f2.8 that was listed on here in preparation for FF.
So I am thinking I may not have LBA at all, but in fact I maybe just forward thinking, organised and well prepared ?

Just like someone buying up tinned food and bottled water for when the bomb drops....

Last edited by MattyH; 10-13-2015 at 12:27 PM.
10-13-2015, 08:23 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A new FA77 arrived tonight. A sibling lens arrives tomorrow (used FA31).

Now what do I do with the DA70 (HD), and FA35 f2?

10-13-2015, 09:00 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is sooo good to know I am in such excellent company with my LBA!

Although after just receiving a DA15, I can't think of anything else I REALLY neeeeed right now.

There's always tomorrow....
10-13-2015, 09:14 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snpsht Quote
I can't think of anything else I REALLY neeeeed right now.
I haven't had anything I'VE REALLY needed for a long time, but there still is plenty I REALLY WANT.
LBA is a harsh mistress.
Glenn
10-13-2015, 11:42 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

>> I've just counted 58 lenses around me. Is this LBA? Or not? Not sure... <<

No, this is definitely no LBA. LBA starts at >99 lenses, and in most severe cases this sickness leads to having several copies of one lens model, f.ex. silver and black versions of the 77mm lens. Almost hopeless it is when the patient owns several copies of the same lens model f.ex. to see any difference between earlier and later serial numbers or to have a spare one ... just in case ...

10-14-2015, 12:34 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by forest_bear59 Quote
ex. silver and black versions of the 77mm lens
happened to me, I had two copy of the 77mm to compare the AIV and MIJ, well after checking and see no difference, the old one (MIJ) must go ^^
10-14-2015, 02:25 AM   #42
Pentaxian

>> I've just counted 58 lenses around me. Is this LBA? Or not? Not sure... <<

No, this is definitely no LBA. LBA starts at >99 lenses, and in most severe cases this sickness leads to having several copies of one lens model, f.ex. silver and black versions of the 77mm lens. Almost hopeless it is when the patient owns several copies of the same lens model f.ex. to see any difference between earlier and later serial numbers or to have a spare one ... just in case ...

OK, I'm glad to hear that. This gives me green light to buy DA*200 and some ebay stuff. (I'll blame it on you if my wife is asking... )
10-14-2015, 02:30 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
OK, I'm glad to hear that. This gives me green light to buy DA*200 and some ebay stuff. (I'll blame it on you if my wife is asking... )
Ehm ... no problem at all - as long as South Bohemia is far enough from my homeplace .

Your wife should be happy when you are happy .

At the moment I am fighting against the burning desire to buy a 1.9/43mm lens from a friend (is he really a friend when he is offering it to me?). I am afraid I'll surrender within a few days ...
10-14-2015, 02:31 AM   #44
Veteran Member

I am fighting against the burning desire to buy a 1.9/43mm lens from a friend
please post the price !
10-14-2015, 02:33 AM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's 400€.