Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2015, 06:01 AM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
That's just the thing, isn't it? There's always one more must-have...
Unfortunately, at some point the 'one more must have' requires an amortization schedule.

10-17-2015, 06:38 AM   #77
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I'm going to have to sell a few lenses to fund a 16-85. The 18-55 just isn't wide enough...or long enough...
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this!
10-17-2015, 08:59 AM   #78

Photos: Gallery
Help me - I've started looking at Helios lenses. It's getting bad when I start looking at the lenses mounted on 1970's Zenits. I used to look down at Zenits from the lofty heights of a teenager with a K1000 back in the late 70's . I so wish my old dad (inveterate camera kit trader) was still here to discuss addiction with. He'd be so proud :-)

P.S Just remembered the Zorki 4 - my memory cells are starting up again !
10-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I shouldn't have read this thread. I didn't think I was infected with the LBA virus. I never counted the number of lenses I had, thinking I had, perhaps, 7 or 8 since several of them are small and don't take up much room. THEN I began to count . . . . 1, 2, 3, >>> 10, 11, 12. Plus, I have my mind set on another 2 when funds become available. Furthermore, I'm hoping to add a K-3 before the end of the year. I now recognize I need an exorcism, either that or my wife will kill me if she finds out.

10-17-2015, 11:17 AM   #80
Pentaxian

My LBA is somewhat under control these days. Meaning, I only spend under $100 for the lenses I buy. However, when it was in full bloom, I backed off and set a limit in that I could only buy new lenses with the money I earned from my photography. That worked pretty well because it got me off my butt as far as marketing my photography and it gave a sense of reality as to what lenses I really needed.
10-19-2015, 01:28 AM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
It's not CBA to buy the first Pentax full-frame
I only start photography a year ago and I already upgrade from K5 IIs to K3 and ready to be early adopter for the FF, CBA's kicking (and kicking hard) for sure
10-19-2015, 01:59 AM   #82
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
I only start photography a year ago and I already upgrade from K5 IIs to K3 and ready to be early adopter for the FF, CBA's kicking (and kicking hard) for sure
Wow nice, did you feel the difference?

I like to upgrade my K5 but wait till I see if I wanna go to the K3-II or the K-FF

On lenses: I have the strange feeling to be in need of a fish-eye and an af-portrait-prime, I still can hold the mouse without pushing the trigger to buy, but itīs only a matter of time or the right offer in the used-market
And if the moment is right I want to switch from my 90mm Tamron to the 100mm Pentax macro *need the WR*

Chris

10-19-2015, 02:40 AM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LilithBaerchen Quote
I like to upgrade my K5 but wait till I see if I wanna go to the K3-II or the K-FF
yes, I feel the different, what I use the most is Flash power (1/128 power) to trigger my off camera flash, the image quality is the same (with more resolution), there are many more controls (I find useful). But if you can wait for the FF, by all mean, wait for it. It will be a great camera (I'll bet with my money on that camera )
For the 100mm WR, do you really use your camera in bad weather that often ?
10-19-2015, 10:14 AM   #84
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
yes, I feel the different, what I use the most is Flash power (1/128 power) to trigger my off camera flash, the image quality is the same (with more resolution), there are many more controls (I find useful). But if you can wait for the FF, by all mean, wait for it. It will be a great camera (I'll bet with my money on that camera )
For the 100mm WR, do you really use your camera in bad weather that often ?
Okay thx for the info on K5 -> K3 I think I can wait a little bit longer and see what the FF might offer

Well letīs put it this way: I have a better feeling going outside with "shaky" weather when I have a WR lense on my K5 + itīs an original pentax one, I only got the Tammy cause it was cheaper and I could not afford to pay more for the Pentax
10-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #85
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LilithBaerchen Quote
I have a better feeling going outside with "shaky" weather when I have a WR lense on my K5
I got myself an 18-135 for that just recently. I actually have the 100 macro WR but I did find it limiting. I gave thought to the 16-85 but the 18-135 is good enough for me as an all-round wet weather lens; the IQ is all I need for casual shots and I'd rather have the last extra fifty millimetres than the first extra two. The 16-85 vs. 18-135 debate is one of those things which I think will forever remain unsettled, but I made the call of flexibility trumping pure optics and so far my choice for the extra reach at the long end appears to have been justified (for me, at least; your shooting style may dictate otherwise).