Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
10-16-2015, 03:16 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by forest_bear59 Quote
Update: the 43mm limited is on it's way to me. Sweet surrender ....
Enjoy! I am waiting for one of those to come up...but not quite financially able to do it just yet . I just bought the 15 though

Poverty (financial only, not emotional or spiritual) is owning a Pentax and being blessed with/suffering (I am not sure which) LBA!

10-16-2015, 05:11 AM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I don't know, it seems to me that 85 lenses all going on the same camera body is inefficient, I think you need a K-3, K-30, K-5, K-50, K-500, K-7, K10, and a K20 in order to get full use of them.
Most of those lenses were intended to be used with my film bodies. But for some reason I've never had enough money to shoot film

Most of the rest are lenses that came with the lens I wanted...
10-16-2015, 05:14 AM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
it's a nice little lens ^^ you get all 3 limited yet ?
No, the 31mm lens is not in my equipment. It's so dam..d expensive - even used - that I'll possibly can withstand the temptation to 'get them all'. And it's not my favourite focal length at all ...
As far as I can tell I'm suffering from LBA, but I can control it at least a bit. There are dream-lenses I'll never own, f.ex. Carl Zeiss 85mm and the 100mm macro lens, the Pentax 250-600, the 560, the A* macro 200mm and some Voigtländer APO Lanthar glasses.
It is simply too much for me - and you have not to own much lenses to be a good photographer. What you really need is an open eye, an open mind, some time and and a loving heart for the subject you want to photograph.

There is a difference between taking photpgraphs and collecting ...
What I do is to start with a certain set of lenses and then try to get up to a higher quality level step by step. Selling one lens, buying another one ... and sometimes buying without selling (I must admit it). It's always about getting a little bit more fun out of my hobby. And if the lens will not give me more fun, it will have to go. It's that simple ...
10-16-2015, 05:59 AM   #64
Veteran Member

you have not to own much lenses to be a good photographer. What you really need is an open eye, an open mind, some time and and a loving heart for the subject you want to photograph. There is a difference between taking photpgraphs and collecting ...
for the same reason I have not get the FA 43, I'm very satisfied with the FA 31 (used for ~500 mint condition ) and FA 77, the 43 is too close to both lens for me. and with the 2 lens, i'm now LBA cured CBA is kicking instead with the new FF rumors =))
I'm now practicing with flash and post-processing, they really make a hugeeeeeeeeee difference ! I'd say a great final photo is 50% shooting (1/3 lighting, 1/3 composition, 1/3 gear), 50% processing !

10-16-2015, 08:55 AM   #65
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Meh, buying Limiteds didn't stop me from getting a K50/1.2... And now I'm waiting for a TC, so even though I have all the lenses I "need" (and then some), the LBA doesn't go away - it just changes its shape a bit.

I have no idea what will come next, but I know something will
10-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #66
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Meh, buying Limiteds didn't stop me from getting a K50/1.2...
If you're already into Limited-collecting territory, a K or A 50/1.2 is just another one of those must-haves.

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
CBA is kicking instead with the new FF rumors =))
It's not CBA to buy the first Pentax full-frame. It might be, though, when you tell yourself must also buy all the ones that follow (unless you are a professional reviewer, in which case you can say it's your job).
10-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #67
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
If you're already into Limited-collecting territory, a K or A 50/1.2 is just another one of those must-haves.
That's just the thing, isn't it? There's always one more must-have...

10-16-2015, 09:21 AM   #68
Veteran Member

But I MUST have this lens... and that lens and that lens and that lens and that lens...

Last edited by bertwert; 10-16-2015 at 10:04 AM.
10-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #69

I failed to get my first choice on ebay yesterday (200mm f4 SMC M) but got my second choice which was cheaper and looks like it's in better nick. Sweet :-) Now to find a good macro and that'll be my lens collection complete.

<Stop laughing at the back>
10-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #70
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rjm007 Quote
I failed to get my first choice on ebay yesterday (200mm f4 SMC M) but got my second choice which was cheaper and looks like it's in better nick. Sweet :-) Now to find a good macro and that'll be my lens collection complete.

Sorry!

Can't stop!

10-16-2015, 10:56 AM   #71
Pentaxian

No, the 31mm lens is not in my equipment. It's so dam..d expensive - even used - that I'll possibly can withstand the temptation to 'get them all'. And it's not my favourite focal length at all ...
As far as I can tell I'm suffering from LBA, but I can control it at least a bit. There are dream-lenses I'll never own, f.ex. Carl Zeiss 85mm and the 100mm macro lens, the Pentax 250-600, the 560, the A* macro 200mm and some Voigtländer APO Lanthar glasses.

Yeah, 250-600... what shall I say? You can't find it and if you would, you'd buy a new car instead (almost for the same money)... But DA560...hmmm...
10-16-2015, 11:41 AM   #72
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Now to find a good macro and that'll be my lens collection complete.
The DA35 2.8 Limited and the D-FA 100/2.8 WR are both excellent in my experience; it just depends how much field of view you think you need, and how much distance you want to keep from your subject (which may sting or bite depending on species and temperament). The D-FA 50 is a middle ground, but I don't have it and can't speak to its performance at first hand.
10-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #73

Cough cough may I direct you to the Marketplace

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/305896-sal...2-8-macro.html
10-16-2015, 03:09 PM   #74

QuoteOriginally posted by MattyH Quote
Yes thanks for that

I've only just taken possession of the lens I bought this morning... The vendor by coincidence lives just down the road from me (unlikely in the US) so we met up at a local coffee shop to do the handover. Not as dodgy as it sounds Nooo , not an addication, no sireee.

TBH honest I'm looking for a manual lens as well. Being an expat here there'll be no chance of a pickup at Keele Services either :-)
10-16-2015, 11:21 PM - 2 Likes   #75

What's this " just one more" lens business?
LBA = N + x