Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Another dyemention Quote
Stellar. That's what I was hoping would be the case. But it's hard to know how many there actually are an how many will sell by Christmas. I'd rather not get another body just yet anyhow as I'm still learning photography in general. Tho I am disappointed with the k50s AF sometimes. But it's only on certain lenses really. I think I'll jump on one of the sigma 50-150s in the MP for now, then get the 70-200 and then the k3. I don't really need either of those until spring anyhow.
If the K3 is not longer available for a low price, then it will be the K3-II. Before it was the K5-IIs that had a very attractive price and before the K5. I remember the K5 finished his life around 500€. I think it was not much more for K5-IIs and it is likely to be the same for K3 & K3-II. If you wait even more, the K3 features will be incorporate in a mid-level camera, like the successor of K-S2 and the thing will finish its life for 300€ on sale with the kit lens. Really, to get a better camera, you just need to wait.

The tamron lens on the opposite, I'am not sure that tamron will continue to produce new batches for ever and they don't do any new lenses in K-mount. So if the tamron is no longer available, it will be the used market or an alternative from sigma or pentax that are more expensive new.

10-28-2015, 01:02 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
If the K3 is not longer available for a low price, then it will be the K3-II. Before it was the K5-IIs that had a very attractive price and before the K5. I remember the K5 finished his life around 500€. I think it was not much more for K5-IIs and it is likely to be the same for K3 & K3-II. If you wait even more, the K3 features will be incorporate in a mid-level camera, like the successor of K-S2 and the thing will finish its life for 300€ on sale with the kit lens. Really, to get a better camera, you just need to wait.

The tamron lens on the opposite, I'am not sure that tamron will continue to produce new batches for ever and they don't do any new lenses in K-mount. So if the tamron is no longer available, it will be the used market or an alternative from sigma or pentax that are more expensive new.
That's fine if that will be the case. While I would prefer a 70-200 zoom, with the 50-150, I can always add the da200 or the 60-250. It puts me in a nice spot right in the middle so I can work from what I have. I know the 70-200 is probably better suited to the whole concert thing, but I feel like I'd leave it at home for other occasions due to it's size. I feel like is be wishing I had a smaller zoom like the 50-150. So I think I made the right choice in purchasing the sigma. I actually just sent the payment half an hour ago so I'll be looking forward to using it soon.
10-28-2015, 04:19 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Another dyemention Quote
That's fine if that will be the case. While I would prefer a 70-200 zoom, with the 50-150, I can always add the da200 or the 60-250. It puts me in a nice spot right in the middle so I can work from what I have. I know the 70-200 is probably better suited to the whole concert thing, but I feel like I'd leave it at home for other occasions due to it's size. I feel like is be wishing I had a smaller zoom like the 50-150. So I think I made the right choice in purchasing the sigma. I actually just sent the payment half an hour ago so I'll be looking forward to using it soon.
To me if you decided for the sigma, it make no sense to buy the tamron, that would be wasted money because they basically do the same thing. We proposed the tamron because it was the best bang for the buck.

Sure the sigma start to be a bit too short for wildlife but for concerts, portraiture and low light in general it would do just fine.

As for the weight, even the sigma is heavy/big. significant less than the tamron, but if you don't like big lenses, and you have both you'll never want to take the tamron anyway and you'll complain about the sigma.

I know that I sold my 50-135 for that reason and gone FA77 + F135. A bit lighter... I can let the F135 at home when I don't want it (so FA77 alone much later) and quite smaller too. I get even more picture quality and outstanding rendering, in particular from the FA77, but loose the comfort of a zoom.