Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Sigma 10mm Fisheye needed -10 AF adj on K3II

Wow, first lens I have had to actually adjust the AF adjustment for. It was really bad. -10 and now it seems to focus. I have not tried it at infinity though. On my K5IIs it's fine with no adjustment. I wonder if Sigma has a new Firmware for it to work with the K3II? It's a lens from 2012. Anyone else had any issues with older Sigmas on the K3II?

10-17-2015, 07:27 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it focuses fine at -10 I wouldn't worry too much about it- after all, the DOF is huge!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-17-2015, 07:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If it focuses fine at -10 I wouldn't worry too much about it- after all, the DOF is huge!

Good point. I need to test it some more but it seems ok. Even with that huge DOF, it was OFF big time. That was what was so scary. I still find it hard to really believe. That a lens could be 100% on a K5IIs and -10 on another body. And the K3II has been 100% zero adj. on all my other lenses. Weird.
10-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Imagine this. Let's say your body has a mount manufacturing tolerance of +/- .05 mm and the lens is similar tolerance. If you get a body that is +.05 and a lens that is -.05 they work great together. Later with camera "b" you notice the lens focus is off because SURPRISE that mount is a -.05 itself. Now without a +.10 adjustment the lens is out of tolerance.

10-18-2015, 05:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wish Pentax would increase the range of available adjustment, as well as making the increments more numerous/precise. Maybe something like an extra 50% in either direction, and providing 20 steps in each direction instead of 10.

Calibration was very different between my old K-x and my current K-30, so UncleVanya is right about bodies varying. The lenses seem to take all the blame though for some reason.