Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-19-2015, 04:18 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is there a best adapter for use between FF Sony mirrorless cameras and K/M glass? Which ones do you trust for accuracy and strength for larger lenses?

10-19-2015, 04:40 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I use both the Novoflex and Fotodiox adapters without issue, Jcdoss, including with the Tamron 70-200, Samyang 14mm and Sigma 35mm Art.

Remember that with correct technique, your left arm is bearing the weight of a big lens and the adapter is only holding the camera body.
10-19-2015, 06:45 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Is there a best adapter for use between FF Sony mirrorless cameras and K/M glass? Which ones do you trust for accuracy and strength for larger lenses?
I have been happy enough with the Kipon.
No light leaks (unlike the cheaper ebay adapters), cheaper than the 'higher end' like metabones and rather close to infinity marking for most of my lenses.

As for strength for heavy lenses, I distrust the plastic ring on my A7 more than I distrust any adapter.
10-20-2015, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #19

Original Poster
From my experience, normally there's no problem with the fitting between body and adapter even on cheaper adapters, the problem is with the fitting between adapter and lens. Cheaper adapters normally have a cut/slash in the ring while better ones have feather (or what to call it). Currently I'm using the Novoflex and I find it perfect but quite expensive, I'm sure there are cheaper adapters that works just as well, just check the connection between the adapter and lens.

Good!

Bad!

10-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #20
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
the problem with the cut/slash adapters is that they tend to lose spring tension when the lens is mounted and unmounted repeatedly, because the gap tightens up... some people have an adapter for every lens, which eliminates the problem, and it's easy to do, when adapters are so cheap.

but the increased length takes up space in a camera bag, so the alternative solution is to simply stick a thin screwdriver blade into the cut area, and twist it out slightly, which opens up the gap, and increases the spring tension as much as you want it to be... which makes these the only adapters that have adjustable spring tension in the lens mount area.

light leaks are a huge problem in general with adapters, so i have cheap black hairbands that i use for just about every lens/adapter joint.