Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-10-2015, 03:08 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I like AF too much to do that. I get annoyed during those times when I have to use MF. Most of the time my AF images are just as good, for a lot less work. MF lenses condemn you to a life of tedium, for very little if any gain.
It's all in one's perspective. If you open your mind, you might discover another point of view. As I always say: Good things in life don't come easy'.

11-10-2015, 04:41 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Well then OK, show me what you're talking about.... I'm not really clear on who doesn't have an open mind here.
11-10-2015, 05:02 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Well then OK, show me what you're talking about.... I'm not really clear on who doesn't have an open mind here.
Wasn't intended to be negative comment, check the smiley face. Just trying to say manual lenses can be had for a pittance and can provide a learning experience. For example, I recently picked up a pristine M 200mm f4 lens for $40, not a bad deal if you have a small budget. Many of the older manual lenses provide terrific optics and performance. If you're interested in experimenting with different focal lengths, manual lenses provide a terrific bang for the buck.
11-11-2015, 06:30 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bkpix Quote
I could happily get through the rest of my photographic life with nothing more than the 21 and 70 Limiteds.
I'd like to get the 70 but don't think I'd use it that much. The 21mm though, is really quite nice. I find it has great contrast for outdoor shots - scenery, landscape etc. and is nice indoors as long as the conditions aren't really dark. I think there is a good argument for the 21/40/70 pancake "short stack."