Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
OK thanks that is good information.

11-09-2015, 09:56 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
After more trying to take many more photos with this lens and some more research, I believe I got a copy with "oily haze". The characteristics of the photos seem to fit. I did some more detailed flashlight testing and finally found an angle where I can see the haze. It is much harder to see than many other lens problems. I understand it is a less common problem. I have never seen this problem before in a camera lens. I have had some cruddy lenses, but nothing that behaved like this.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, exposure, flare, lens, pentax help, photography, scene, troubleshooting, underexposure