Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
Inactive Account

My 77 Ltd. Has Arrived!

It came in the mail today. I'd like to thank the person who sold it to me. Here's some images from this morning.

02-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The balance on #3 is eye-catching.

You lucky dog.
02-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sean, congratualtions on your lens. Looking forward to more shots with it. You are a lucky man.

NaCl(there must be something wrong with me, I'm turning green...with envy)H2O
02-08-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Sean, congratualtions on your lens. Looking forward to more shots with it. You are a lucky man.

NaCl(there must be something wrong with me, I'm turning green...with envy)H2O
Hey Buddy, you'd better grab one of these things soon; I'm begining to worry about your health! This LBA thing is tough, man - not to mention GAS!

Jer

02-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #5
Forum Member

Congratulations on the buy. You'll love this one.

I bought one a few months ago ready to receive the K10D. I'm sold to this lens...

A lot of praises have been heaped on this lens. Here's mine - sharpness is amazing at all F stops. Colour rendition is very pleasing. And the bokeh, oh my...

I rencently showed off my K10D with 77mm ltd to a friend that owns a D200. He was not only amazed by K10D but more so with 77mm lens (and at the kit lens too!). His point was - how can a lens be so small and still deliver such good results??!! See, he's used to bazooka's masquerading as lenses
02-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member

nice...
was thinking about this lens for a good while, and more recently (with this thread, and another one mentioning the 77) i started yearning for one...BUT Adam convinced me otherwise..and go another route...

nonetheless, good pick up
02-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Congradulations!

I recently discoverred that using this lens with some sort of neutral density filter does give better bokeh in full blown sunlight condition. Bokeh CA seems to ease a lot as well. (I used 3+ neutral density and shoot wide open)

p.s. I had to order another fa 77mm ltd cap now because mine dropped onto the floor every 10 minutes. It is really annoying to put on the UV filter with the cap always loosely attached to the front of the lens...

02-09-2007, 06:18 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Lucky you. Nice shoots
02-09-2007, 09:24 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I put a regular UV filter on my lens (just for protection) and the cap does fit a little loosely now. I found that if I pull the cap out overtop of the filter then it fits tightly again.
02-09-2007, 09:38 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey Buddy, you'd better grab one of these things soon; I'm begining to worry about your health! This LBA thing is tough, man - not to mention GAS!

Jer
Well, Jer, I'm trying! but it's hard to get my hands on one if a)I can't find it and b) my bank account is not cooperating by not miraculously doubling in size overnight. But I'm working on it.

NaCl(BTW, just in case things don't go as planned....do you know a good bail bondsman? )H2O
02-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #11
Forum Member

Thanks for the tip to avoid CA. I have a CP - that eats 2 stops of light, will it do?

I too am annoyed with the lens cap of 77mm. It looks as though it was designed to fall off easily. I hold on to the dear cap whenever I'm on the shooting spree.
02-09-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guys, put that specialty lens cap away with the leatherette pouch. Replace it with a cheap 49mm pinch-on lens cap.

Alternately, I know at least one 77 owner that bought a Kalt lens hood from B&H and screwed it on the lens, then they put a cheap lens cap on top of that.

If you damage or lose that special cap, you are going to be real annoyed because it's expensive to replace. Plus if you ever sell the lens in the future you will find that a damaged cap will affect the resale value.
02-09-2007, 09:59 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amen tranq 78. Amen. Put the collector cap away.
thanks
barondla