Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2008, 06:15 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pasih Quote
I just registered to this forum, but I've been lurking here for a while... I just had to register here to say something... because i'd really want to see what the 15mm limited will be like.

I guess it will be about as small as the other DA limiteds and I think it will be F4.

Maybe something like Voigtländer Super Wide Heliar F4.5/15mm

Wouldn’t mind a top quality third party utra-wide angle lens, as something like this Voigtländer Super Wide Heliar F4.5/15mm that you’re showing here. Though I guess this is a rangefinder lens. But then maybe from Zeiss instead.

08-14-2008, 07:13 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Not announced on the roadmap yet to my knowledge but I'm thinking that we'll see a DA* 11-16 f/2.8, sealed, SDM version of the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8. This may be a 'replacement' in a sense for the DA14.

...and I don't know that I expect the DA15 Limited to be much less expensive than the DA14 but we could be pleasantly surprised.
08-14-2008, 07:34 AM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Wouldn’t mind a top quality third party utra-wide angle lens, as something like this Voigtländer Super Wide Heliar F4.5/15mm that you’re showing here. Though I guess this is a rangefinder lens. But then maybe from Zeiss instead.
FWIW, Voigtlander and Zeiss SLR optics are hand produced in the same factory in Japan by Cosina. In the case of the Zeiss stuff, QC takes place back in Germany before shipping, not that that seems to make any difference (except to price).
08-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AndrewG NY Quote
...and I don't know that I expect the DA15 Limited to be much less expensive than the DA14 but we could be pleasantly surprised.
At a stop slower it could be lighter and more compact. This does usually trim some off the price too.

08-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
At a stop slower it could be lighter and more compact. This does usually trim some off the price too.
Could, but I expect the 'Limited' build to bring the price back up. I would still sort of expect a price up in the area of the DA14, DA70, DA12-24, etc. It will likely be worth it to those who would appreciate such a lens.