Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2007, 03:01 AM   #1

60mm Nikkor/ Pentax 50mm macro

Hi folks

I have used a 60mm Micro nikkor for my work, abstracts ending up at 70x100 cm. It is sharp and has good contrast at close range. Now I am swiching to Pentax and wonder how the Pentax 50mm macro compares with the Nikon one for sharpness and contrast from 20cm to 2m and how it performs on from 20m to infinity.

Cato

02-09-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I can't tell you really any specific difference, as I never used the Micro Nikkor.

But the 50 macro Pentax, at least the FA version, was widely recognized as one of the best lenses ever made, up there with German Zeiss and Leitz...
02-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I used to have 2 different copies of the F 50/2.8 Macro, which is optically identical to the FA model. It is an ~incredibly~ sharp lens design.

I do have to say, though, that I no longer have either of them, although I do still have an A 50/2.8 (optically different from the F and FA models).

The A is just a wee bit less sharp, but is much nicer to use. Nonetheless, I do have to say that the F/FA design is one helluva sharp lens.