Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
MrA, the closest I could find on line is this diagram for an 50mm/1.7 A lens (from Kim Coxon's Pentax Manuals site): http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manuals/service/smca5017.pdf

Hope it's similar enough to be of some help.

06-29-2008, 07:29 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Its kinda unavoidable nowadays if you are looking at older lenses. I reckon some of these had to have come out of a water drenched basement. My supertakumar 50/1.4 has like wavy water marks along the perimeter of the glass and a good deal of fungus growing in various parts. I would have thought that the radioactivity would have killed it but oh wells.

It still shoots fine. Might lose some contrast if shooting with the sun in view. (light reflections off the fungus)
07-02-2008, 06:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Okay, so now that I am back in the office I can tinker with this lens a little and try to take it apart. First though I have a question.... how in the world do you get the face plate of off this thing?
07-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #19
Moo

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Looks like I may be doing some lens surgery for learning purposes. Anyone have a manual or some sort of guide for this lens that I may reference?
Favorite Classics / SLR Lenses
May be useful.

07-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #20
Veteran Member

What you need is a friction driver to get the face plate off. Here is an official tool. Or you can improvise your own. I used a lens cap from the bayonet end of the lens with a silicon gasket under it to get a good grip on the plate. I suppose a picture would be worth a 1000 words at this point. Just be careful not to scratch the lens! I've also seen people use an eraser to get a grip on it.