Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2015, 06:06 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Warranty Repair in Canada

Does anyone know if U.S. owners of Pentax lenses can have warranty repair done on their gear by Pentax repair services in Canada? I want to get my DA 50-135 repaired while it is still under warranty and dread using what sound like "hacks" at the U.S. repair site.

Thanks, Bob

12-05-2015, 07:17 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It may be an issue because as crazy as it seems, warranty budgets are managed based upon the financial reporting region, and country of sale. You will need to call first, but considering the location shown on your post, it may be refused simply because you live in the US.

I can say, however, that on the rare times I have needed assistance from Pentax in Canada the service has been excellent. I have , however a serious advantage, the warranty facility is local , not as close as it used to be, but still within a 20 minute drive
12-05-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Ricoh-Imaging Canada website describes their Warranty details:

Warranty Information?Support?RICOH IMAGING CANADA

A note at the bottom of the page indicates the following:

Please Note: RICOH IMAGING CANADA INC. only services the Canadian market and will only receive and/or ship product within Canada. If you live outside Canada and require service for your Ricoh Imaging product, please contact a Ricoh Imaging representative in your own country/region. Click here for a listing.
12-05-2015, 02:04 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Lowell and C.A.M., Deep down inside I figured it wouldn't be possible but I "hoped" it might. Guess I'm stuck sending my new dud lens to the dud repair place in New England. If I could just get my money back and forget the lens I would but that isn't possible. Its a shame as the 50-135 is a great piece of glass. Just doesn't focus.... I'll find out how and where to send it and maybe by next Spring it will be sorted out.
Bob