Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2008, 12:02 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Good online retailers for K mounts?

Hello, Pentax geniuses.
I'm a filmmaker and just recently invested in a Redrock M2 adapter. It allows me to use 35mm lenses with video cameras.

I purchased the adapter that specifically fits Pentax K-Mount lenses because I have always loved shooting on my ME-Super.

My question for you all is, do you know any online stores that sell used k-mount lenses? I say used only because I'm on a tight(ish) budget.

I googled and googled and found a place (Collectible Cameras - Catalog: Used Cameras, Vintage Cameras, Film Cameras, Digital Cameras and More) but also found this forum. I figured if anyone knew, they'd be here.
If you can help me out thank you very, very much.

KPG

06-29-2008, 01:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
try KEH.com or B&H.com. KEH is a little more than ebay, but their quality is guaranteed. Much better than the stated condition.
06-29-2008, 04:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

adorama.com also has a decent selection of used lenses, as well.

Heather
06-29-2008, 05:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Add to the other three Henry's of Canada, and Cameta

Also check out the marketplace here.
The Photographer's Marketplace - PentaxForums.com
Generally speaking, the deals I've seen here are pretty darn good.

KEH has the largest selection, and they are very good at returns. I have bought many lenses from them. Also check out their "In Transit" section, sometimes you can get a early shot at some pretty popular lenses that way.
Henry's (in Canada but they regularly ship to the US) has a pretty good selection and are also good at returns.
Adorama is my primary brick and mortar store as I live in NYC, I've bought about 5 or so used lenses from them and haven't yet had a bad one.
I haven't bought a used lens from Cameta, but I know ppl who have and they've been satisfied with them.
B&H is also in NYC, but I don't patronize them because I find their sales staff to be pushy and sometimes rude. Many, many here tho have had good online experiences with them.

If you are looking for lenses, don't forget to check out film bodies. Often there will be a good used lens attached to a less than appealing body, and you can get both for less than you might pay for the lens alone.
I have bought and/or sold over 20 or so lenses, most thru KEH and Adorama. I sell thru Adorama primarily because the ppl there know me and give me a very good price if I use it to buy more camera gear from them. But in all the lenses I've bought I've only had 3 bad ones and have never had a problem returning them. But then again I generally stay away from eek bay.

NaCl(I may be poor but I've got a lot of glass)H2O

06-29-2008, 05:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Mount THIS on your video camera. Rated "BGN" because it has an engraving on the barrel, but optically it's probably perfect, knowing KEH. So that means you get a great deal!

I'ts one of my personal all time favorites.