Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2015, 10:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Grey Market HD 1.4X TC?

I was wondering, I have a HD 1.4X TC, but I don't have a warranty card for it.
Are there grey market copies of this?

12-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #2
npc
Veteran Member

Of course there are gray imports for pretty much anything that you can get for cheaper elsewhere in the world.
Mine was gray too ... I would not be too worried with warranty on this particular piece of gear since it's built really well, sealed and no moving parts inside to break.
12-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by npc Quote
Of course there are gray imports for pretty much anything that you can get for cheaper elsewhere in the world.
Mine was gray too ... I would not be too worried with warranty on this particular piece of gear since it's built really well, sealed and no moving parts inside to break.
I know that, I have it and it works perfectly.
But I am trying to sell it, and a potential buyer is asking the question.

I am not sure it is grey market, I or the previous seller could've misplaced the S/N card.
But i am not sure how to prove one way or another.
12-23-2015, 11:21 AM   #4
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree, no "warranty" cards, just a card with the serial number stating:

"Please note that this is not a Warranty Card, but a Serial Number Card. You are, however, advised to keep this card for future reference".

12-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
I know that, I have it and it works perfectly.
But I am trying to sell it, and a potential buyer is asking the question.

I am not sure it is grey market, I or the previous seller could've misplaced the S/N card.
But i am not sure how to prove one way or another.
Since it sounds like you're the second owner, it doesn't really matter anyway since the warranty is technically non-transferable (plus you need the original sales receipt). I don't believe that the US Pentax service center will deny an at-cost repair even for grey-market lenses.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-24-2015, 12:00 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some people think that grey market products are something snuck out the back door of the factory. No major manufacturer lets that happen. Michaelina2 is right. Don't feel pressured to sell to anybody.