Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Lenses tried-Sigma 28mm/70-200mm/ Pen 77mm in meetup

3 members in Toronto had a meetup. And lens swapping was the hightlight.

Peter and Victor taken with my Zenitar defished. My image at the right was too distorted and defished out.

Peter trying out Victor's DA*50-135mm. I took that with DA200mm

77mm portrait of Victor. Proven portrait lens but from the unproven portrait newbie

Brute power of Peter's Sigma 28mm F1.8 at F3.2 . At the left it was Peter's Sigma apo non-macro version of 70-200mm the lens that I lust. Hope the Tamron 70-200mm I have ordered is as good as this proven one.

Test/candid shot from the coveted Fa300mmF4.5

Tamron 28-75mmF2.8. It was taken at almost wide open at F3.2. I like the bokeh and the AF focus speed. I love it. Period.

Mind you guys: all these were just snap shots. Very impressed indeed

Daniel

06-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nicely shot Daniel! I like the last photo with the Timmys Lady the most! Great composition and love the candid capture.
06-30-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It was fun to meet a few forum members finally. Too bad it was such a busy weekend for many in the TO area but we went to the Toronto Zoo and had a great day for shooting. Before leaving I had to give Daniel's Zenitar fisheye a try.

Great lens considering the cost and the surprising thing is the size. Not much bigger than a 50mm including the diameter. Don't bother to focus since the DOF is huge. Quite sharp and seems to meter fairly well. Now I know why Salty likes it so much.
a quick sample shot:

The other little gem was Vic's K 50mm f1.2 Hard to tell how nice this lens is through the viewfinder other than how bright it is. The images are sharp with great colour. Another sample shot:

Nothing beats the old K's and M's for solid feel and build. Nice lens in all respects.
So for me I thought I had all the glass I wanted. These 2 lenses are both well worth owning.
06-30-2008, 07:07 AM   #4

Nice.. Loved that 77Ltd!

06-30-2008, 07:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Thanks for Daniel and Peter! it was great and fun! I have try out Peter's FA 300 + a 1.4 TC, Wow what a reach!!

I think we got lots of picture to upload soon
06-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

And it's FUN! too!

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
It was fun to meet a few forum members finally. Too bad it was such a busy weekend for many in the TO area but we went to the Toronto Zoo and had a great day for shooting. Before leaving I had to give Daniel's Zenitar fisheye a try.

Great lens considering the cost and the surprising thing is the size. Not much bigger than a 50mm including the diameter. Don't bother to focus since the DOF is huge. Quite sharp and seems to meter fairly well. Now I know why Salty likes it so much.
a quick sample shot:

The other little gem was Vic's K 50mm f1.2 Hard to tell how nice this lens is through the viewfinder other than how bright it is. The images are sharp with great colour. Another sample shot:

Nothing beats the old K's and M's for solid feel and build. Nice lens in all respects.
So for me I thought I had all the glass I wanted. These 2 lenses are both well worth owning.
I think what I like most about my "Z" is that it is so much fun to play with. Mind you the F2.8 is pretty much marketing, you need to keep the lens to at least 3.5 or more realistically 4.0 to get sharp shots, but its a blast to use.
I'm amazed about the "K" 50mm F1.2, for quite a while it had a dubious reputation at best, but now people seem to be "discovering" it and all of a sudden it seems to be a lot more popular than it was. I'm glad I got my copy before it became "famous".

NaCl(the "Z" will always bring a smile to your face)H2O
06-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

A couple shots I had time to edit from the day. (also posted in the POTW 17

Sigma 70-200 f2.8

2 from the FA*300 f4.5

06-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I should have borrowed Peter's 300mmF4.5 to get bigger image in the frame. This one seemed to be ready to charge

Daniel

06-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Great... After you two posted some of the amazing photos, I don't want to show mine at all :P
06-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Nice work, guys. Looks like everyone had a good time. It's interesting to see the actual faces of the forum members. My impression of what I think people look like based on their forum names (I know, how can you tell from a name?) is often very different when I see the individual. The same thing happened this past weekend at our East Coast Pentax get-together.
06-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Ok here is some of mine.