Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2017, 03:43 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Unless you were a woman, or gay, or black, or Asian. I don't hanker for the "good old days" of the White Australia policy, the six o'clock swill, ockerism, "football, meat pies, kangaroos and Holden cars".
I do! HOWZIT goin mate!

---------- Post added 01-20-17 at 09:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
needle in a haystack chance. Does that resonate with others?
I did find a gem once, an adaptall 2 zoom....saw a lens case in mint condition and thought,yes, I can use that (U$3).....the case was worth the money....just happened to have an OK lens in there too.

Last edited by surfar; 01-19-2017 at 03:52 PM.
01-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Unless you were a woman, or gay, or black, or Asian. I don't hanker for the "good old days" of the White Australia policy, the six o'clock swill, ockerism, "football, meat pies, kangaroos and Holden cars".
Nothing wrong with those last four things. Why, I myself have eaten both meat pies and kangaroo while watching football, and also driven a Holden car, and all in the enlightened 21st Century.
01-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Nothing wrong with those last four things
Ive made Roo meat pies, but not eaten them watching footy(live)...only on TV! But sadly ive defected to Toyota this century!
01-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I hear a lot of people here go to flea markets (swap meets) and find bargains but it sounds like a huge investment in time for a needle in a haystack chance. Does that resonate with others?
Yes, still finds out there but needle in haystack describes it. I used to spend weekends at estate sales and got quite a lot of good Pentax gear back in 2010 and 2011. It seemed Pentax was going under and the dealers basically considered anything with Pentax on it as junk. Bu that has changed, the dealers are more aware and now either price too high or sell it off before it gets to the sale. In addition there are more people chasing Pentax gear. I used to be the only person who even knew what a Pentax was. The last few sales I went to all the Pentax gear was grabbed up instantly and a number of people were competing for it. So I've given up completely on swap meets and sales. This forum is a good source and honestly I have more than I need at this point anyway. Probably should sell some glass I'm not using.