Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2016, 02:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

100mm macro WR won my heart and wallet :)

$350 was too much for my nerves and finally, after several days looking at this lowered price - I bought it from B&H!

But guys, I was so excited that I forgot to place order through marketplace Is it somehow possible to link it now?

01-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #2
Huy
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats!

I have the same lens and love it (though I don't use it as often as it deserves).
01-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Huy Quote
Congrats!

I have the same lens and love it (though I don't use it as often as it deserves).
thanks and enough of vacations for that glass! how xbox says: life's short - play more
01-12-2016, 02:46 PM - 4 Likes   #4
Veteran Member

Congratulations on the great lens for a even greater price. I have the 100 WR Macro for sometime now and it feels lightweight and rock sturdy at the same time. A first-party branded 100 2.8 Macro that's weather-sealed for 350 is totally unheard of in the Canon and Nikon world.

Last edited by LeDave; 01-12-2016 at 02:54 PM.
01-12-2016, 02:59 PM   #5
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great shots, especially first one. I don't really like photos of insects but I like how all that sharp details are visible! cool
01-12-2016, 03:04 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lev Quote
$350 was too much for my nerves and finally, after several days looking at this lowered price - I bought it from B&H!

But guys, I was so excited that I forgot to place order through marketplace Is it somehow possible to link it now?
Congrats, but no, B&H doesn't give retroactive credit. If you think you clicked through a forum link at some point, shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll check for you

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-12-2016, 03:09 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats on a great lens purchase. The 100mm is also a very useful portrait length, but I advise against using it for Female portraits, it is just too damned sharp and accentuates every little imperfection of the skin. Its great for more rugged 'manly' portraits though.

01-12-2016, 03:17 PM   #8
Pentaxian

$350 was too much for my nerves
My trigger point was $388 back in November. But the plummeting Aus dollar probably means I'm no worse off. It can't be possible for it to go any lower. But having used it, it would still be brilliant value at list price.
01-12-2016, 03:21 PM   #9

Photos: Albums
I have had and still have the same itch! I watched the curves on that beauty many a times, in the still of the night

Congratulations! May it bring you joy!
01-12-2016, 03:32 PM   #10
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Congrats on a great lens purchase. The 100mm is also a very useful portrait length, but I advise against using it for Female portraits, it is just too damned sharp and accentuates every little imperfection of the skin. Its great for more rugged 'manly' portraits though.
thanks!! I'll be careful but maybe I'll play and soften female images in post

---------- Post added 01-12-16 at 03:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Congrats, but no, B&H doesn't give retroactive credit. If you think you clicked through a forum link at some point, shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll check for you
Thanks Adam, PM sent

---------- Post added 01-12-16 at 03:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Penumbra Quote
I have had and still have the same itch! I watched the curves on that beauty many a times, in the still of the night

Congratulations! May it bring you joy!

"Problem" is that other lenses are still on sale right now, sadly my budget is limited for limiteds This beautiful 77mm legend stays at warehouse until I get more horse power :/
01-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I pulled the trigger on black friday as well.... https://flic.kr/p/CVCiQ3

I already had the older non-WR version. Its not a perfect lens (I wish it had the SDM from my DA* 300), but optically there isn't much to complain about.
01-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #12

"Problem" is that other lenses are still on sale right now, sadly my budget is limited for limiteds This beautiful 77mm legend stays at warehouse until I get more horse power :/
Interesting I was saving and planning on picking up the 77mm Limited next also. But LeDave had to go and post pics on the K3 thread this weekend with the 100mm Macro and I couldn't resist either, it is scheduled for delivery on Thursday. I don't think either of us will have any regrets I hope that my order went through PF too, it should be I was drooling over the 100mm Macro pics on here when I placed it!
01-12-2016, 05:47 PM   #13
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cold Iron Quote
I don't think either of us will have any regrets
I hope so You will get your copy much sooner than me. Mine has to go through a long journey... Well, thanks to the guys here expanding my knowledge about amigos, I was looking at 77mm limited since I got my K3, but... not to mention the fact that they aren't cheap, you must be somehow prepared, really. But we will have it, I know

Last edited by Lev; 01-12-2016 at 07:21 PM.
01-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #14
Pentaxian

$350? Holy cow...that's a great price! About 20 years ago, I paid around $300 for the A100mm f4 new. I think you'll love this lens!
01-12-2016, 10:42 PM   #15
HYS
Veteran Member

Congrats!
I love my 100WR Macro. It's an excellent lens!
I am sure it will bring you a lot of great emotions.