Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
01-21-2016, 03:30 AM - 2 Likes   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
They have to drink wine because the water is so bad - the Murray-Darling river system is ruined by the eastern states
Its been 30 years since we even bothered putting water in our car radiators over here....... so why would you still put it in your body when good cheap wine* is everywhere here? (Your not still shooting film over in the eastern states are you?)

*should you be in a remote area where wine is difficult to acquire, then Coopers is deemed a suitable subsitute (Coopers is the beer that beer would drink, if it could.....of course in South Australia we don't think beer can drink...... that's the Tasmanians)

Also, in the unlikely event that your forced to take of water, like your car, best to drain yourself at the first opportunity....and refill with wine.

Last edited by noelpolar; 01-21-2016 at 04:29 AM.
01-21-2016, 05:34 AM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Ok..... all sensible people would get the 15..... so definately the 10-17 for me.....basically I'm a outcast..... and I'm ok with that.
A good way to manipulate you into a choice if we know it
01-21-2016, 06:34 AM   #93
Unregistered User

I got a Pentax DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL WR Zoom Lens; less than a hundred and fifty bucks at BHPhoto; not really a wide-angle, not really a prime, but very close to both and provides maximum functionality and flexibility for not much money. Terrific carry-around lens that you can take on vacation and not have to be switching lenses to get the best possible shot. Of course if you do need to get the best possible shot, then you need a true wide-angle lens like the Pentax Super Wide Angle SMCP-DA 14mm f/2.8 ED (IF) (about five hundred and twenty bucks). (Mine has the advantage of weather-resistance.)
01-21-2016, 08:36 AM   #94
Veteran Member

As much as I love my DA14mm, I don't think I would own one if I had to pay $520US for it today (~$750CAD not counting tax etc.). I paid $360CAD for my used copy a couple years back (including shipping, but no lens hood) and it was 100% worth it. I'm not sure how these things get into peoples hands, but the brand new price is usually a little silly in my opinion. The one linked to earlier in the Marketplace looks to still be available (Driline doesn't look interested in it, but in case anyone else is looking https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/309724-sal...reduced-2.html).

I also own the DA10-17, so I think I'm a double outcast.

01-21-2016, 08:53 AM   #95
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's a DA 14 2.8 in the marketplace forums for 270 dollars... (not mine and I don't know the seller, but it seems to be in very good condition). I think for that price, it's worth it if you're looking for a super wide. If you don't mind the size (77mm filiter), it might be worth considering as a faster alternative to the DA 15 Limited. It's a Hirakawa Jun lens, so it's not impressive in lens tests, but it has a very nice rendering like most of his lenses have.
01-21-2016, 10:34 AM   #96
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Ok..... all sensible people would get the 15..... so definately the 10-17 for me.....basically I'm a outcast..... and I'm ok with that.
If you don't mind correcting some of the DA10-17 distortion in post and stay clear from the so-tempting 10-12mm fishy end (except when taking shots of skateboarders or donkey's noses), then it is a good choice.