Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
01-13-2016, 09:28 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
You could contact a local high school, many still use film bodies, including the trusty K-1000, to teach the principles of photography as well as darkroom techniques. I have several K1000's an MEs I plan to donate, with a couple of zoom lenses.

Since you are offering, I'm looking for anything 28mm and wider, especially in the 8 to 17mm range.
I have very nice Tokina 28mm f2.8 lens. You can check picture from my expired listing. I'm not selling it again. It would be nice to find good hands for this good lens.
If you like it, give me your address.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/81-expired-listings/298023-sale-expired-p...e-reduced.html

P.S. the lens is going to you soon

Last edited by micromacro; 01-14-2016 at 04:21 PM.
01-13-2016, 09:34 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Just wondering but what primes do you have if any still?

Do you have any zooms in the 50-150 range?
01-13-2016, 09:37 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Giving away loved collection items is an art - but as as one inches up on the infirmity scale, it begins to cost an arm and a leg literally.

Option-1:
If you are unable to drive, I suggest the following: List them on Marketplace with/without photos and a reasonable price, then find a PF member nearest you/neighbourhood kid who loves photography, who can volunteer to pack and post your lenses in exchange for a few lenses. And I sincerely hope at least people pay you the postage. The world has gone bizarre these days. True Gratitude is a lost cause - social media hype notwithstanding.

Option-2:
Donate to PF as give away prizes like for Monthly contests etc.. Although I doubt anyone might take the responsibility for logistics. I could have, if I was living near you. Maybe Adam has ideas???

I encourage my kids to help aged/disabled people whenever they can, certainly in my neighbourhood. I saw the lovely photos you posted around Xmas/NY with the neighbourhood girls to came to knock on your door.

It would be a disaster indeed to let legacy glass be dumped in the trash - so its good of you to post this thread. I understand how you feel and the emotional attachment to lenses you have collected over a long time, investing your time, energy and money. I wish you all the best and hope you find an appropriate solution.
01-13-2016, 09:41 PM   #34
Veteran Member

might you have any primes if not that's ok i could use any thing in the 70-200 range if you dont mind thank you so much

01-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #35
Veteran Member

I'm beginning a collection of "Kalimar" lenses. I'd be happy to give you a small sum for any with that branding?
01-13-2016, 09:48 PM   #36
Veteran Member

by any chance are any of the lenses AF ??
01-13-2016, 09:52 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Dewman, your generosity is much appreciated by your fellow Pentaxians! This is so thoughtful & kind to help this young lady!

Well, there are some times that the joy truly is in the giving. Thank you for your very kind thoughts. I'm glad to see that these lenses that I have no further use for will be going to someone who will appreciate them and can further her knowledge of photography at the same time.

---------- Post added 01-13-16 at 09:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I'm beginning a collection of "Kalimar" lenses. I'd be happy to give you a small sum for any with that branding?

Hmmm..... seems to me that there is one with that moniker. I just climbed into bed, but I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know. O.K.?

---------- Post added 01-13-16 at 09:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lguckert79 Quote
by any chance are any of the lenses AF ??

Just the one I'm sending to the young lady friend of Mark's in Missouri.

---------- Post added 01-13-16 at 09:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by debakarma Quote
Giving away loved collection items is an art - but as as one inches up on the infirmity scale, it begins to cost an arm and a leg literally.

Option-1:
If you are unable to drive, I suggest the following: List them on Marketplace with/without photos and a reasonable price, then find a PF member nearest you/neighbourhood kid who loves photography, who can volunteer to pack and post your lenses in exchange for a few lenses. And I sincerely hope at least people pay you the postage. The world has gone bizarre these days. True Gratitude is a lost cause - social media hype notwithstanding.

Option-2:
Donate to PF as give away prizes like for Monthly contests etc.. Although I doubt anyone might take the responsibility for logistics. I could have, if I was living near you. Maybe Adam has ideas???

I encourage my kids to help aged/disabled people whenever they can, certainly in my neighbourhood. I saw the lovely photos you posted around Xmas/NY with the neighbourhood girls to came to knock on your door.

It would be a disaster indeed to let legacy glass be dumped in the trash - so its good of you to post this thread. I understand how you feel and the emotional attachment to lenses you have collected over a long time, investing your time, energy and money. I wish you all the best and hope you find an appropriate solution.

I think I have it covered but thanks anyway. And, trust me..... they will NOT be "dumped in the trash." I might be old, but I'm not infirm nor am I senile!

---------- Post added 01-13-16 at 09:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
Just wondering but what primes do you have if any still?

Do you have any zooms in the 50-150 range?

No zooms in that range. Primes are all spoken for.

01-13-2016, 10:17 PM - 3 Likes   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
That is such a shame that one recipient failed to express his appreciation to you. Thankfully, I believe among the members here, that he is in a very slim minority of not responding to kindness given.
That was me and it was a horrible oversight which I have belatedly rectified.
01-13-2016, 10:36 PM   #39
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
That was me and it was a horrible oversight which I have belatedly rectified.
Thank you for posting! It's wonderful to know that it was an oversight, rather than being uncaring.!
01-13-2016, 11:32 PM - 1 Like   #40
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Little do you know. I subsist on Social Security and a VERY modest Carpenter's Union pension. That's it. So, maybe you should know what you're talking about before you make statements like that.
It feels bad, doesn't it, when people assume things and make statements about us when they don't know anything about our lives at all?

Maybe we all would do well to take a look at the bad habit of shooting from the hip like that.
01-13-2016, 11:53 PM   #41
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Not long ago, I had several lenses that were NOT Pentax mount lenses.... actually quite nice ones.... and I gladly and willingly "donated" them to a PF poster. I never got as much as a note saying thanks. What the hell is wrong with people now-a-days? I don't know.... maybe I'm just too old school. You know, back in the days when we said thank you, and please and such.... and meant it? That was just part of good up-bringing.
Don't take it personally...the lack of a thank you is also common in our forum giveaways. Still, my suggestion would be to hope for better luck and give them away through a fun game or challenge.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-14-2016, 12:01 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Don't take it personally...the lack of a thank you is also common in our forum giveaways. Still, my suggestion would be to hope for better luck and give them away through a fun game or challenge.

Well, there was actually a little more to it than I mentioned, but it's over and done. No harm, no foul. Good idea about the forum giveaways or challenges. I've never participated in them, so maybe it would be a good introduction. I've got a couple of very nice Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm lenses that might make a good carrot to dangle?
01-14-2016, 12:06 AM   #43
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Well, there was actually a little more to it than I mentioned, but it's over and done. No harm, no foul. Good idea about the forum giveaways or challenges. I've never participated in them, so maybe it would be a good introduction. I've got a couple of very nice Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm lenses that might make a good carrot to dangle?
Well, you could go with an existing challenge, or start your own. The latter might be more exciting if you do decide to go with a giveaway

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-14-2016, 02:06 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Little do you know. I subsist on Social Security and a VERY modest Carpenter's Union pension. That's it. So, maybe you should know what you're talking about before you make statements like that.

I
You're right,I commented without knowing your circumstances,not that I think they are relevant.
My comment was about how you have accumulated a large array of expensive consumer equipment which you didn't know what to do with.Your OP was dismissive of several options,one of which ,doling out to members of this forum, you are now reconsidering.
An alternative would be to sell the lenses and use the money for a cause you consider worthwhile,be that easing your own reduced circumstances or any of a hundred and one reputable charities.
01-14-2016, 04:00 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Do you have any lenses left? Something in the 100-200 range will be put to good use as a macro lens