Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
01-14-2016, 03:27 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I have a Samyang-A 28-70mm, f: 3.5-4.5. It says "Macro 1.5X on the side. It seems to be rather cheaply made, but I haven't tried it to see what kind of IQ it produces. Focus throw and zoom are both very smooth, and the aperture clicks are positive. It has what appears to be at least one aspherical lens.
I do have that focal range covered already, so I pass this opportunity to someone who may need it.
Thanks!

01-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zephos Quote
I am in need of a sharp walk around lens with a wide aperture. I have the 18-55 that I struggle with in low light and a really bad copy of the 50-200 that I don't like to use. Anything in those ranges would be greatly appreciated even in manual focus, etc. I'm a student so I don't have means to buy gear right now but once I graduate and get new stuff I will certainly pass the kindness on if you choose to gift me anything.
yhpm
01-14-2016, 06:40 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
yhpm

O.K..... go ahead and make me ask! What the hell does yhpm mean?

---------- Post added 01-14-16 at 06:44 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Close-focus would be a plus. Do I continue via PM?

Yes, please. Let me know what general focal length you need and I'll do my best to accommodate you. The primes are all gone, but I've got some nice zooms with close-focus capabilities.

---------- Post added 01-14-16 at 06:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Zephos Quote
I am in need of a sharp walk around zoom lens (or prime if its longer than 50mm) with a wide aperture. I have the 18-55 that I struggle with in low light and a really bad copy of the 50-200 that I don't like to use. Anything in those ranges would be greatly appreciated even in manual focus, etc. I'm a student so I don't have means to buy gear right now but once I graduate and get new stuff I will certainly pass the kindness on if you choose to gift me anything.

Edit: I don't need a 50mm or shorter in prime form, only if its a zoom. Thanks.

I don't think I can help as far as a wide aperture lens. Most of the zooms are 3.5 or above. Primes are gone.
01-14-2016, 07:10 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

O.K..... go ahead and make me ask! What the hell does yhpm mean?
YHPM = You Have Private Message

YGPM = You've Got Private Message

Unfortunately, neither you nor I have was Zephos is looking for.

01-14-2016, 07:31 PM   #65

Dang, missed this. Friends gear was stolen a while back and we're trying to rebuild. So far, UncleVanya has tossed us a body and a 50mm... And a different friend recovered a wide angle.

I don't suppose there's a Pentax adaptall mount in there? Or a super zoom?

As for some of them, impossible lens club people have been making things out of old zooms it looks like. You could ask them as well?
01-14-2016, 07:42 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mothballs Quote
Dang, missed this. Friends gear was stolen a while back and we're trying to rebuild. So far, UncleVanya has tossed us a body and a 50mm... And a different friend recovered a wide angle.

I don't suppose there's a Pentax adaptall mount in there? Or a super zoom?

As for some of them, impossible lens club people have been making things out of old zooms it looks like. You could ask them as well?

I'm not sure what you mean about a "super zoom." Got several zooms. No adaptall mount.
01-14-2016, 07:44 PM   #67

I'm not sure what you mean about a "super zoom." Got several zooms. No adaptall mount.
Super zooms are from wide to long Tele usually.

01-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #68
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mothballs Quote
Super zooms are from wide to long Tele usually.

No.... nothing like that. Sorry 'bout your friend.
01-14-2016, 07:47 PM   #69

No.... nothing like that. Sorry 'bout your friend.
It's cool. Between the camera gear and the car, he's pretty bummed, but we're on an upward swing. It'll be fine.
01-15-2016, 10:28 AM   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dewman, your generosity is awesome. I still have the JCPenney 80-200 lens you gave me a while back, though now that I have my Adaptall in the same focal length, I'll likely be paying the favor forward. Thank you so much!
01-15-2016, 11:11 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by logomancer Quote
Dewman, your generosity is awesome. I still have the JCPenney 80-200 lens you gave me a while back, though now that I have my Adaptall in the same focal length, I'll likely be paying the favor forward. Thank you so much!

I hope you got some use out of the JC Penney lens. If I remember correctly, it also had the close focus feature..... and was fairly sharp for a "cheapo" lens. Pretty well made too, if memory serves me. I'm glad to hear you'll be paying it forward. If everyone were to do that, just imagine how much we could help our fellow man, eh?
01-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #72

Please forgive my ignorance, but I do not know how to PM you via this web site, as I do appreciate your willingness to send me a Vivitar. If you can inform me, that would be great.
01-15-2016, 04:37 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rtgold Quote
Please forgive my ignorance, but I do not know how to PM you via this web site, as I do appreciate your willingness to send me a Vivitar. If you can inform me, that would be great.

Click on the person's name you want to send the message to, then type your message. In this case, click on my name, to the left, then type me a message, including your address (Continental US ONLY!) and then send it. Be somewhat specific as to what you'd like and I'll try and fill your needs as best as I can with what I have in my inventory.

Last edited by Dewman; 01-15-2016 at 04:44 PM.
01-16-2016, 03:04 AM   #74
Veteran Member

including your address (Continental US ONLY!)
Ahh, ok. Sorry, didn't see that earlier
01-16-2016, 07:29 AM   #75
Site Supporter

Good job, Dewman.