Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #1

Tamron P/ka mount problem

I bought a Tamron P/KA adaptall mount a few month back. Not until last week, I tried out the mount. The mount can not mount either on the lens or camera. The edge of the mount lost some paint while I tried to push in harder. It seems it's a bit bigger than it should be. I compare the mount to the other p/ka mount I have. It does not have any difference by naked eye. In addition, the two latches adjust for aperture reading is sticky and does not the full range of movement.

The mount does not have any sign of use before I tried and supposed to be new. Anyone has idea of what's going on and how to test/fix it?

Thanks,

CY

07-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You have a functioning other PK/A adaptall? Examine the two closely, move all moving parts etc to pinpoint the differences. From what you describe there may be something jamming the innards of the new mount. Try pushing the aperture pin and comparing that to the good mount.

If the dimensions truly are the same, it has to be one of the moving parts that is jammed and so prevents mounting.
07-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #3

Original Poster
Finally, I take it apart and it is not perfect ROUND shape. It's a bit oval shape, makes the mount does not fit both lens or camera, also the two aperture ring does not rotate their full range.

Does anyone has one of those or it's the rarest PKA adaptall mount ever?

If anyone has experience, can you tell me if Tamron can fix it as its obvious an manufacturing defect.
07-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vanchaz2002 Quote
Finally, I take it apart and it is not perfect ROUND shape. It's a bit oval shape, makes the mount does not fit both lens or camera, also the two aperture ring does not rotate their full range.

Does anyone has one of those or it's the rarest PKA adaptall mount ever?

If anyone has experience, can you tell me if Tamron can fix it as its obvious an manufacturing defect.
I have a PK/A mount for adaptall II which also needed repair, it looks as if someone tried to pry the camera off the lens without uncoupling. Due to the electronic apature coupling it is a little more fragile than a PK mount one (which I also have)

If you can get to the west end of toronto, go to international camera on the queensway in etobicoke, he has several

07-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
Moo

I doubt Tamron would fix or replace it.. The whole adaptall line was discontinued several years ago..
Could we have some photos of the oval mount?