Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Ummm...I wrote a review for the 19-35...
LOL, you can't expect me to have seen every post that's come through here now do you?

07-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #32
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
I was thinking that myself, but then couldn't recall anyone here even using a Tokina lens.
I have a Tokina 400mm F5.6 "A" lens and a Pentax SMC A F5.6 lens and end up using the Tokina more mainly because it is shorter and lighter and I can hand hold it while I use the pentax with a tripod.

I think the reason we don't see more Tokina AF stuff for Pentax is the fact that Hoya owns both companies and perceive Tokina Pentax mounts as competing with Pentax.

I think Tokina has always used Hoya glass also.

As far as ranking, it is hard to do because as pointed out, everyone has there stars.

Pentax's SMC A zoom lenses never lived up to the SMC A prime couterparts and Tokina was always a better option. The trouble with some of sigma's vintage lens was the cement they used would let go or turn yellow with age but my only direct experience with that was with the Sigmas that my grandfather used on his Minoltas.
07-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #33
Site Supporter

No one has mentioned Vivitar yet either. They have produced many polished turds over the years, but the also have the Emeralds like the S1 105mm macro . . .
07-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have only recently purchased a Tokina ATX Pro 20-35 f2.8.

It was very cheap, so its either a steal or rubbish.

Initial shots are good to ok but in very hazy conditions, so I want to take some shots on my home turf before I say too much about it.
Cheers.

07-07-2008, 07:49 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
I have only recently purchased a Tokina ATX Pro 20-35 f2.8.

It was very cheap, so its either a steal or rubbish.

Initial shots are good to ok but in very hazy conditions, so I want to take some shots on my home turf before I say too much about it.
Cheers.
Do you mind if I ask how cheap? I've followed a few of these on eBay, but they always shot up way past $150, which I wasn't willing to pay just to try it out.