Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2016, 02:52 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
The FA50 macro is the sharpest Pentax lens. Period. No qualifications.

That having been said, the DA35ltd is not that far off. It is also a normal prime equivalent on APS-C, renders colors great, and somehow despite its razor sharpness is still a very kind portrait lens. Super versatile in many situations.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has that opinion of the FA-50 macro. I've been hesitant to say that for fear of starting a firestorm of criticism.... but in my limited experience with true, dedicated macro lenses, my particular FA-50 macro has produced images that I was certain could NOT be improved on as far as sharpness goes. It is truly a delight to use and the color rendition is neck and neck with the DA 50mm f:1.8, which to me is the most impressive of all the lenses I own when it comes to color rendition. I realize opinions vary, and I haven't tried all the lenses out there, but of the ones I HAVE tried, this statement holds up.

Before the hurricane hits me full-face, let me say these statements are MINE alone and are based on my old, tired, worn out eyes. But, still, just sayin',.... overall, I'm not sure how the FA-50 macro could be improved upon. If you don't have one, just trust me.... you NEED one! Get it while you can, 'cause they're like hen's teeth! Hard to find!

..... and NOW, dcshooter tells me that the DA 35mm macro limited is in the same class as my FA 50mm macro? Dang.... I've died and went to heaven!

02-04-2016, 03:08 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Also great for starbursts.
02-04-2016, 03:16 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by officiousbystander Quote
Also great for starbursts.

That's nice to hear. I really enjoy the starbursts of my FA 50mm f:2.8 macro.

By the way, I notice in your list of gear, you mention you have a K-x. I got my first, a white "Storm Trooper" model, about a month and a half ago, and I love it! I cut my teeth in the world of DSLR's on the K2000 and the K-x, to me, seems to be a glorified version of it. A very nice, compact little camera. I might also have a red one coming! Now, all I need is a blue one and I'll be set for the 4th of July!
02-04-2016, 04:41 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
you mention you have a K-x
I need to update my list. My 13yo nephew now has my Kx. It's one reason to hang onto old gear. My own kids can fight over my K5 when they're older. I still have my father's ME Super.