Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2016, 10:42 PM   #76
Inactive Account

Original Poster
just because I 'm amazed the flood of hatred and wickedness. Just that.

02-08-2016, 12:05 AM   #77
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by christiandre Quote
Not sure you're cut out for this "Internet" thing, Christian. 😀
02-08-2016, 01:02 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi again Christiandre...... I get how you might be feeling that way..... ( one of the reasons I posted what I did on the last page ).... I've followed some of your posts from other threads...... and I reckon some on this forum are not quite understanding you. I assume english is your second launguage... and you are a person that speaks openly from your heart..... on things that you are just reflecting on.... thinking you are amongst friends ... so to do this should be ok (which it should!)

I think some are jumping to conclusions and taking some things the wrong way....... sadly this is happening a bit more often here these days.
02-08-2016, 03:09 AM   #79
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry you feel that way, Christian - I don't think anyone meant to offend you (I certainly didn't), and I'd certainly like to think you are among friends here, as noelpolar mentions. It's easy to take messages too personally, and easy for others to post messages innocently without realising they are coming across as harsh. Then again, you'll always find a certain amount of defensiveness towards Pentax on a Pentax-specific forum.

I do hope you find what you want in lenses on the Pentax platform - or, if not, perhaps get a non-Pentax body on which to try those lenses. Good luck with it, either way.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-08-2016 at 03:14 AM.
02-08-2016, 10:46 AM   #80
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Yes, there is something else, actually: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meyeroptik/bring-back-the-legendary-tri...ap-bubble-boke

Scroll down to the June 29 comments:

Update #4

Jun 29 2015

NEW MOUNTS AVAILABLE: LEICA AND PENTAX

Thank you to each and every one of our backers! As we head towards our second stretch goal we’re really excited. We’re adding to this excitement by adding other mounts to the Trioplan f2.8/100: the Leica M and the Pentax K! So please spread the word as bring the Trioplan and its uniqueness to even more photographers!

So...

sorry but....
an old comment terse lost in a topic , in June 2015 ... they think of (as Tamron , Sigma , Zeiss ... ) and abandoned the K mount.... the evidence below: it's possible to order all frames (or almost) ... except K

february the 8th 2016 :

02-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
sorry but....
an old comment terse lost in a topic , in June 2015 ... they think of (as Tamron , Sigma , Zeiss ... ) and abandoned the K mount.... the evidence below: it's possible to order all frames (or almost) ... except K

february the 8th 2016 :

I'm not really sure if we can judge anything based on a single KickStarter project.

What about to consider this Samyang lens instead? Faster and very sharp... Samyang Optics, Lenses for Camera ? Cine ? Photo - VDSLR, Prime Lenses & Third party Lenses

Many samples here, some of them very enjoyable - https://www.flickr.com/groups/samyang135mmf2/pool/

I've personally ordered this lens myself (should arrive within two days).
02-08-2016, 02:53 PM   #82
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

sorry but....

february the 8th 2016 :
Yes, I saw that page already. It was difficult to know which page to believe. I wonder why they abandoned Pentax K mount - seems like it wouldn be easy for them to do. Not enough kickstarter investors for it, perhaps? I guess it's like anything - if there's too little demand for a product, a manufacturer won't be interested in producing it. Oh well... I guess it's not meant to be for your Pentax. Will you consider another body, do you think? Maybe in addition to your Pentax?

02-08-2016, 03:10 PM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Jeez, these idiots still are trying to sell a substandard knockoff of a lens for which a genuine near mint to mint vintage sample can easily for less than half of what they are asking (1400 freaking Euros!), which even for rarer older lenses an outrageously overinflated price for such a basic, uncorrected design with East German (lack of) quality control.

Seriously, it's a basic Cooke triplet, a mere three element design:

Most/all of the new "Meyer" products are just cheap Chinese-made Mitakons or Russian Made Zenits with final assembly occurring in Germany to borderline fraudulently claim that they are German lenses.

And we are complaining that they aren't available in K?
THIS.
as I said, borderline scam, thank God it's not in K mount.
02-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #84
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
THIS.
You know, I partly agree and partly disagree. I certainly wouldn't pay the kind of money they're asking for it - that strikes me as ludicrous. But, it's worth what someone will pay for it. And there's no doubt that these odd-ball lenses have a certain charm. Look at how popular the Helios 44s are... I have one I use on my K5, and I love it - swirly bokeh and all. That said, it cost me less than a half-decent dinner - and it's certainly given me a lot more back in terms of fun (actually, it's a pretty good lens for general use, too, if a little weak in contrast, and just a bit too narrow for me). There's obviously plenty of interest in this Trioplan re-make, and if people enjoy it, why not? The whole Lomography thing is similar - lots of people paying a lot of money for plastic cameras. I even have a couple myself, though I picked them up very cheaply on eBay. They're lots of fun, if that's the kind of thing you like...
02-09-2016, 12:04 AM   #85
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
THIS.
True.

But it's nice to be asked, though, isn't it?
02-09-2016, 02:17 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
True.

But it's nice to be asked, though, isn't it?
Haha well of course it is!

@BigMackCam
that's why I wouldn't call them idiots like dcshooters did a couple of posts ago (they're very clever if they pull this off), rather the people spending that kind of money for a clone...
there are still many original lenses available at a fraction of the price.